New 07 GL500 owner - seeking advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL 500
New 07 GL500 owner - seeking advice

Hello everyone,

I just brought my first Mercedes, its 2007 GL 500, I sold my 2011 Lexus LX 570 and brought the Benz (is it a downgrade or upgrade?)

I'm loving it but have some questions and concerns; the parts and repairing are very expensive!

My GL has the navigation and rear camera but in the glove box I don't have the cd change and there is a round shaped port (maybe its for the cd changer) so now I can either put audio cd or the navigation DVD in the command system.

My dealer says there is no iPod integration cable for my system; what is the best aftermarket device will work the best with my system?
I need to order oem trailer hitch; is there different kinds? Whats the part number and from where can I order it online with good savings?
What I hate the most is the problem of the rear gate latch; the automatic rear gate sometimes opens and sometimes not. I think this is a common problem. What is required to be replaced (part number please). I took it to the agency and they told me that they will first inspect and then will tell me (inspection will cost me about $200!!)

Thanks and regards,
M.A
Old 09-07-2012, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 Ram 2500, former 2013 GL350, 2007 GL450
Welcome to the GL and MB club. You have a great vehicle. Parts are expensive that is for sure.

There was an iPod integration on 2007s. Maybe its just not available anymore?

In regards to the rear hatch, it has been a problem that sometimes they don't suck in and close, but sounds like you have a different problem. Have it checked by the dealer.

Parts are expensive for all Mercedes vehicles.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL450, 2003 BMW 325i
Welcome to the world of MBZ! While parts may be more expensive and maintenance may be more "involved", I think you'll find the character and design of these cars much more rewarding than the Lexus.

At first I did not think my car had a CD changer, but found it in the glove box. There's a little chrome button that says CDC and the changer drops down.

I have the same circular port in the glove box as well and cannot figure out what it is either.

I do have the factory installed iPod cable, but have found that my iPhone 4S does not function, but my 1st gen iPod Nano functions through steering wheel controls.

My dealer has an upgrade cable for me that I'm sure will work. I'd ask another person at the dealer... I've gotten different answers from different people on many other elements of my car when I ask more people.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 GL500 (GL550)
Originally Posted by RCorney17
Welcome to the world of MBZ! While parts may be more expensive and maintenance may be more "involved", I think you'll find the character and design of these cars much more rewarding than the Lexus.

At first I did not think my car had a CD changer, but found it in the glove box. There's a little chrome button that says CDC and the changer drops down.

I have the same circular port in the glove box as well and cannot figure out what it is either.

I do have the factory installed iPod cable, but have found that my iPhone 4S does not function, but my 1st gen iPod Nano functions through steering wheel controls.

My dealer has an upgrade cable for me that I'm sure will work. I'd ask another person at the dealer... I've gotten different answers from different people on many other elements of my car when I ask more people.
The circular hole in the glovebox is a aux hole you can plug in a aux cable and play your music from your iphone or phone through the speakers of your car. If you go audio on your sat nav screen and then select aux your music will be play through your car speakers no need for factory installed ipod cable lol. This was the first thing I discovered on my GL.

Last edited by lambo5321; 04-11-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:10 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
There is an oem iPhone integration kit in 2007. Your dealer is full of it. Don't know the part number offhand. Also while installing it make sure you also install the inline amplifier as otherwise the signal from the iPhone will be very weak. You will need an Apple oem (not a Chinese knock off) adapter from regular to lighting connector if you have an iPhone 5 or higher.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'03 CL500,& '18 GLS63. Gone: '83 500SEC,'99 500SL,'07GL450
Quote:I need to order oem trailer hitch; is there different kinds? Whats the part number and from where can I order it online with good savings?

Trailer hitch:OEM- MB:66850067. +/- $750-$800.