Visor clip "spring"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL 450
Visor clip "spring"

Greetings all,

This past Spring I noticed that the driver’s side visor wouldn't stay in place when it was in the "down" position. In other words, if I angled it toward or away from the windshield (depending on the angle of the sun), it would slowly creep out of position over time.

A pretty small issue, but annoying none-the-less.

Anyway, I went to the stealership to buy a new clip (see pic):

After purchasing it I thought "Wait a minute - the most important part, the metal 'spring,' isn’t included with the clip."

The chick in the parts dept. even let me look over her shoulder at the screen shots of the visor and applicable part numbers, and we couldn't find the spring itself.

1) Any of you have a similar issue with the visor clips?

2) Does anybody have access to an official parts list, and can dig out the part # for that spring, assuming mine has simply lost its "tension?"

The part number for the clip itself is: A164 810 02 12

I have to imagine it's a pretty standard spring across the MB lineup of vehicles.

Any thoughts here?

Thanks…
//Steve-o
Old 10-25-2012, 02:00 AM
EWT

Received 166 Likes on 126 Posts
11 ML550, 95 Supra TT, 07 Audi A4
I have the same issue, and discovered while tucking the power cord for my radar detector under the "second" visor that can be deployed when the "main" one is against the side window, that when the "second" one is forced away from the ceiling by an object, it creates friction against the "main" one that prevents it from rotating from where you set it. I stuck a ~.5" thick piece of plastic I had loose in the car between the "second" visor and the roof, and the "main" visor now stays put. I had intended to glue the piece of plastic or something similar to the "second" visor to keep it in place, but after several weeks, it is still there, so I haven't bothered.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
I believe the correct part number is 164-810-01-12; If they have them in stock, you can ask them to show you the clip itself to compare.