2007 GL450 Airmatic "malfunction" warning light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 996 Turbo and SLK55 AMG
2007 GL450 Airmatic "malfunction" warning light

Here's the situation:
- Front of the car is sitting lower than the back, but not so low that it is not drivable;
- I replaced the front air suspension bags about 1-1 1/2 years ago and there are no discernible leaks seen or heard;
- Just replaced the compressor/pump last week;
- The suspension button to raise/lower the air suspension is functioning in that the blinking light comes on when I press it and the dash indicates that the car is "raising"
- I hear the compressor working when the car is on and I press the button for it to rise/lower;
- The compressor will turn off after a while and I get a dash light indicating that the compressor is "cooling," so I believe the relay is working the way it is suppose to be working.

Anyone have any suggestions on what may be the problem? I don't hear any leaks, but I haven't gotten under the car to spray water/soap to see if there is a small leak. Maybe the height sensor is faulty; or a fuse is not working; the level control valve block is faulty; etc.??? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:51 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
your new compressor is bad or you didnt install it correctly (leaks air at the connection)
Old 10-23-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 996 Turbo and SLK55 AMG
Okay. I finally had a chance to try to figure out why my complete front end wouldn't go up. Turns out that the car is blowing the 40a fuse. I took the wheel well guard off and determined that the compressor wasn't even turning on. So naturally, I went straight to the fuses (two in the back and the one in the engine bay). The 40a fuse was toast. Replaced it and the compressor turned on and inflated the air bags for the front suspension. I thought that solved the problem, only to have the new 40a fuse blow out again. I replaced it again, but the 2nd 40a fuse blew as well. So, I obviously have an electrical issue. Any ideas where to start? I'm going to try and look to see if any of the wires connected to the new compressor have a cut/split of some kind that is making contact. Thanks ALX for responding, btw.