GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

2013 ML550 Pre-Safe Functionality Limited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2013 ML550 Pre-Safe Functionality Limited

Hello-

I've done quite a few searches on Google and the forums here to see if anyone else has encountered this problem - while some have none are on the same model or circumstance that I am.

I purchased a new ML550 last week, 2013 that just came in off of delivery. The day I picked the vehicle up they had done a "quick" pre-delivery inspection and then the final delivery work. I noticed on the multi-function display "pre-safe functionality limited" when I started the car but I pressed OK and went on my way.

I've noticed after a week of driving that the message persists and things like the blind spot driver assist has the orange triangles solidly lit non-stop and do not indicate when an obstruction is in the blind spot.

The DIstronic cruise control is also entirely disabled unless I turn off distronic.

My question is - is there a delivery task that they forgot in the shop to enable these features, or is this indicative of faulty equipment right off the lot?

Thanks for any tips/insight,
-Ryan
Old 04-10-2013, 01:58 PM

GL550
Hey Ryan!

I just got the same car you're driving the GL550 2013.
And I am having the exact same problem. The pre-safe functions limited warning and the inoperable distronic warning.
I haven't been lucky to find anything for the matter except your post dated January.

Have you figured it out already?

Thanks
Vlad
Old 04-10-2013, 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
You both may have more luck if you post in the correct forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-x166-173/
Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 PM

ML350
same problem

Dear Ryan,

I purchased a new ML350 two months ago and I have exactly the same problem... Did you find out what was the root cause of these messages? I am from Slovak repbulic.

Many thanks for your response.

Denis

Originally Posted by Ryan Fowler
Hello-

I've done quite a few searches on Google and the forums here to see if anyone else has encountered this problem - while some have none are on the same model or circumstance that I am.

I purchased a new ML550 last week, 2013 that just came in off of delivery. The day I picked the vehicle up they had done a "quick" pre-delivery inspection and then the final delivery work. I noticed on the multi-function display "pre-safe functionality limited" when I started the car but I pressed OK and went on my way.

I've noticed after a week of driving that the message persists and things like the blind spot driver assist has the orange triangles solidly lit non-stop and do not indicate when an obstruction is in the blind spot.

The DIstronic cruise control is also entirely disabled unless I turn off distronic.

My question is - is there a delivery task that they forgot in the shop to enable these features, or is this indicative of faulty equipment right off the lot?

Thanks for any tips/insight,
-Ryan
Old 06-26-2013, 03:05 PM

ML350
You wont believe that I have paid over 100.000,- EUR for this car in a country where the average income is arround 890,- EUR per month and I have a car which is a piece of crap...