GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Newbie with questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL450
Smile Newbie with questions

Just purchased an CPO 2010 GL450 with Premium PKG and Appearance PKg. It will be my wife's primary vehicle. It's a beautiful car. Only thing missing for our family is a DVD. The car came with RES (prep).

Question: Does RES Prep mean that it is pre wired to the headrest area? Can I just purchase the DVD screens used on this forum and hook them up? Or is it "complicated"? I did a search but could not find a simple answer. Thanks guys.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
GL550, C55, 335i Coupe, vintage Mustang
Originally Posted by Cambo5150
Just purchased an CPO 2010 GL450 with Premium PKG and Appearance PKg. It will be my wife's primary vehicle. It's a beautiful car. Only thing missing for our family is a DVD. The car came with RES (prep).

Question: Does RES Prep mean that it is pre wired to the headrest area? Can I just purchase the DVD screens used on this forum and hook them up? Or is it "complicated"? I did a search but could not find a simple answer. Thanks guys.
The option for pre-wiring is just that, the wiring is installed. You would need the RSES kit from the dealer. I do not know what all is included in the kit, but based on every other "pre-wired" kit from Mercedes, I would imagine it includes the monitors, brackets, the DVD player, all the mounting hardware and most likely some additional wiring that is country dependent. Typically, the parts department would be able to bring up a parts listing for kits like that.

Nick