GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Diesel filter and o rings

Old 05-18-2013, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S Class
Diesel filter and o rings

Hi, Does anyone have the procedure on replacing the diesel filter and inspecting/replacing the fuel line o rings please.

cheers
Old 05-18-2013, 06:26 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
If you are doing the fuel filter you also should be doing the air filters. However air filters require das as the adaptions need to be reset once air filters are replaced. This is done only via das.

On replacing the fuel filter- search the forum. We have posted how it is done as well as tips and tricks for not losing your mind when removing the intake manifold.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When doing it get the new hose clamps from dealer, also get the o rings for the sensor so when you push it back in its all good ( push hard). Twist the old fuel lines off and do not pry a screw driver in the lines to get them off or the will need replaced as they will rip.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 AM

S Class
Originally Posted by alx
If you are doing the fuel filter you also should be doing the air filters. However air filters require das as the adaptions need to be reset once air filters are replaced. This is done only via das.

On replacing the fuel filter- search the forum. We have posted how it is done as well as tips and tricks for not losing your mind when removing the intake manifold.
Hi, I did search the forum but could not find anything, do u have a link please?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:53 PM

S Class
Originally Posted by jimmyp
When doing it get the new hose clamps from dealer, also get the o rings for the sensor so when you push it back in its all good ( push hard). Twist the old fuel lines off and do not pry a screw driver in the lines to get them off or the will need replaced as they will rip.
thanks, what other o-rings should be replaced, fuel lines?
Old 05-19-2013, 07:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did two new hose clamps, filter, but had to replace the fuel hose as I cut one. Bleed out the air from the little screw on top just fit small rubber hose on the nipple and put it into a soda bottle start the truck and turn it off when you see gas flow into the bottle, then close nipple. I did replace the o ring on the sensor but its not needed.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:49 AM

S Class
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I did two new hose clamps, filter, but had to replace the fuel hose as I cut one. Bleed out the air from the little screw on top just fit small rubber hose on the nipple and put it into a soda bottle start the truck and turn it off when you see gas flow into the bottle, then close nipple. I did replace the o ring on the sensor but its not needed.
thanks, do the o rings on the fuel hoses needed to be replaced?