GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Adding a GL to the stable...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes S600, 2004 Mercedes E500 4-Matic, 2002 Mercedes C32 AMG, 2001 Trans-Am WS-6
Adding a GL to the stable...

Just wanted to say hello to this section of the forum as I am swapping my wife's E500 4Matic for a GL450 today. She has been wanting an SUV lately given our latest home depot excursions. I've got an S600, so usually I'm posting in the W220 or M275 Tech Talk forums, but I'm sure I will be frequenting here now.
It's a 2007 with 40k miles. Black on Black, P1, 19" wheels, Harmon Kardon, running boards and skid plates but not the offroad package (?). No rear entertainment, but given it's just the wife and I usually, it's not needed.

A couple questions:
The rear buttons to fold the 3rd row seats work fine, but the buttons by the door for the 2nd row don't appear to be working. Is this a common issue?
I hooked it up to my Star Xentry/DAS system and it's giving an "impaired function: Seat Adjustment" Connector interrupted at control unit.
refering to S158/1 (2,3,4) front and rear switches for left and right folding backrest), and cable N32/26. I'm hoping this is a simple fix.

Is there an ESP OFF switch?
Is there a "comfort/Sport" switch for the suspension (the spot I think it should be in is blank"?
Are there any ECU tunes available for this iteration of the engine? (I was looking at the GL550 and ML63, but this one was had the best mileage to age vs price).
Are these Michelin Latitiude tires ok in the snow, or should I be anticipating a swap to an all season set come winter?

Looking forward to my wife driving it! lol.

Thanks!

Last edited by marktan; 07-12-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes S600, 2004 Mercedes E500 4-Matic, 2002 Mercedes C32 AMG, 2001 Trans-Am WS-6
Found the ESP offs witch...right in front of me...good thing it wasn't a snake...lol
Fixed the 3rd row seat buttons. Pulled off the panel and discovered it was not connected to the wires...go figure. Plugged it and and it works now.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
Originally Posted by marktan
Just wanted to say hello to this section of the forum as I am swapping my wife's E500 4Matic for a GL450 today. She has been wanting an SUV lately given our latest home depot excursions. I've got an S600, so usually I'm posting in the W220 or M275 Tech Talk forums, but I'm sure I will be frequenting here now.
It's a 2007 with 40k miles. Black on Black, P1, 19" wheels, Harmon Kardon, running boards and skid plates but not the offroad package (?). No rear entertainment, but given it's just the wife and I usually, it's not needed.

A couple questions:
The rear buttons to fold the 3rd row seats work fine, but the buttons by the door for the 2nd row don't appear to be working. Is this a common issue?
I hooked it up to my Star Xentry/DAS system and it's giving an "impaired function: Seat Adjustment" Connector interrupted at control unit.
refering to S158/1 (2,3,4) front and rear switches for left and right folding backrest), and cable N32/26. I'm hoping this is a simple fix.

Is there an ESP OFF switch?
Is there a "comfort/Sport" switch for the suspension (the spot I think it should be in is blank"?
Are there any ECU tunes available for this iteration of the engine? (I was looking at the GL550 and ML63, but this one was had the best mileage to age vs price).
Are these Michelin Latitiude tires ok in the snow, or should I be anticipating a swap to an all season set come winter?

Looking forward to my wife driving it! lol.

Thanks!
there is no sport/comfort mode in 450 it is just a blank, my friend has a 450. I have a 550 & it does have sport/comfort mode. I did not like the comfort mode, makes it too floaty. So I either use the sport mode or leave it in regular which you have already.