GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Calibrate temp sensor for climate controls?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 02:32 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 SLK 230, 2007 GL 450
Calibrate temp sensor for climate controls?

Okay strange question... Our 07 GL450 seems to be way off on temp on the climate controls.

It's not a stuck valve or blend door as far as I can tell. We have the full range of temperatures from icy cold to very hot. The problem is the temp doesn't have any real correlation to actual temps.

Everything feels about 8 to 9 degrees colder than the dial indicates. It's easy to turn the dial up and deal with it and I realize that it is an approximation and not entirely accurate. But I've owned at least 10 different cars with similar climate controls and none of them were off by more than 2 or 3 degrees.

Could this be a bad temp sensor in the controls, or is there some way to calibrate/recalibrate the temp? It's not worth spending oodles of money on as it's easily compensated for but if there is a reasonable fix I'd sure be interested.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:27 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
this is how it is. they all feel colder especially in a/c cooling mode.

cold air likes to brick up and go down. sensors are up.

next time when taking turns notice how the brick of cold air moves around the cabin and all of a sudden you are colder or hotter it feels like somebody is moving the vents in your direction or away from you... nope.. it is the brick bouncing around