GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

SUSPENSION ISSUE - ADS goes wrong ?

Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GL 450CDI 2010
SUSPENSION ISSUE - ADS goes wrong ?

Hi,

I spent hours reading how ADS suspension and air suspension work in order to find what goes wrong with my GL450 CDI, went to several mercedes dealers... but still, no solution and I am completly lost... So I hope someone can fix the problem...

Here is the story:

I have a problem regarding the comfort of my car.

When I take the car in the morning, it is very comfortable and I realy feel the difference between sport/comfort mode. But after 20' driving, the car become realy uncomfortable. I have a very hard drive and the car is shaking when driving in a small hole but not when I cross a speed bump.

It is like the suspension does its job but in a very hard Super Sport Mode. At this time, I do not feel any difference between sport/comfort mode excepting that in comfort mode, the car starts to pitch a little like a ship on the sea

I went to two mercedes dealers, they tried the car but do not notice anything, telling me that for the computer, everything is normal. But I know my car and something is wrong.

The car has 3 years old and 60.000km.
I checked tyres, balancing is fine. I have the same problem with summer and winter tyres. I bought new wheels but still the same problem.
I can lower or rise the level of the car through air suspension switch without any problem.

any idea ???

Thanks for your help,
Nicolas
Old 02-15-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GL 450CDI 2010
Fixed: Was a problem with Pirelli Tires with flat side factory issue...