GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Fletcher Jones Dealership Sub-par mechanics and unethical service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 GL450
Fletcher Jones Dealership Sub-par mechanics and unethical service

I have a 2010 GL450 with less than 30,000 miles. It developed a whirring noise in the right front and loud engine noise. I took it to the Fletcher Jones Mercedes Dealership in Newport Beach, CA three different times for them to fix. Their mechanics drove with me and claimed that those noises are normal and blame them on the thread wear of the tires.

After I rotated the tires and showed them that the tires' thread wears are the same, but these noises still occurred distinctively from the right front of the SUV. Yet their mechanics made the same claim after three visits. I then took it to the Laguna Hills Mercedes dealership. they
were able to to diagnose the noise issues which were due to the defective emission control air pump and wheel bearing.

So if you live in Southern California and are looking to buy a Mercedes or
have your Mercedes services, you might want to bypass the Mercedes Fletcher Jones Dealership in Newport Beach, due to their subpar mechanics and unethical services.

Last edited by mikeone; 10-11-2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL550
I hear you man! I bought a GL450 from Fletcher Jones Mercedes. One week later the Airmatic on my front right passenger door failed. As common courtesy of owning the vehicle for less than 6 days, I would hope that in good notions the dealership would replace the suspension part for free. Well guess what? I was absolutely wrong. I couldn't be more furious with FJ Merc, including there crappy service with the mechanics team.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
GL450; Audi Q7 sline; GX470-SOLD, E55-SOLD, Range Rover Supercharged-Sold
I don't want to get into the experience I had when I went in there looking to buy an E55 AMG. Needless to say, I bought my AMG elsewhere and and always had great service from MB Laguna Niguel. I also bought my GL450 from MBLN and did not even consider FJ during the purchase...I don't need free airport parking.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your mom
I think sales and service are two different sides.

I have bought three cars from them (1 new - 2 CPO) in last 6 years. And my experience was superb. I guess they make money in service. :lol: