Airmatic arrow up malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gl320
Airmatic arrow up malfunction

Hi,

I have a 08 GL320 with the error above on display. Listed is what I have observed and done so far. Any thoughts? Thanks

The raise/lower doesn't work.

First thing I did was replace the relay and it worked for a short while. Now, I'm not sure if that cured it for that short time or if it was just an intermittent issue to begin with (I don't drive the car daily).

I replaced the relay again (thinking the relay was blown out) and the error is still there.

I checked all three fuses related to Airmatic.

I jumped out the relay and the compressor runs fine.

Body is not sagging and there appears to be no leaks.

I had my mechanic run the code but he claims the airmatic was showing no error and said it may be something to do with the traction control but didn't provide a code saying he wasn't sure what was going on and it could be any number of things.

Most of my research points to Compressor, relay or valve block. I don't believe that is the case here.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:34 AM

gl
omg!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
2001 SLK 230, 2007 GL 450
It's a long shot but in mine there was a bad/weak ground in the relay box. By the time I realized what had happened combined with flexing that circuit board removing and reinserting the relay a few times it became a no-start condition and the pump was shot as well. But electrically speaking it's not that complicated a system. If the relay is good, pump is good then it's valve block or wiring issues. See this post for more details as to what happened to mine. https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...-no-start.html
Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 AM

Gl320
Thanks mrchris I will look into that. I still have the error but the car hasn't seemed to drop and its been quite a while so perhaps it is not related to the compressor.??
Old 06-06-2023, 01:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
mercedez
I apologize for bringing up this old thread. I had a similar issue with my vehicle recently and the reason why the suspension malfunctioned with the up arrow came out and it turns out that the ADS Valve is faulty, the hard part is I had to replace the air strut too to replace the ADS Valve. I came across an in-depth article that may be worth reading. Search for "Mercedes-Benz Air Suspension Malfunction + UP Arrow on YOUCANIC" and you will see an article that goes over common causes and possible fixes. You can read about it yourself. I hope this information can assist someone else with a similar issue.
The following users liked this post:
BlackML550 (06-07-2023)