GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

RADIO STATIC ANTENNA PROBLEMS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 GL320 CDI 2004 GOLF TDI
RADIO STATIC ANTENNA PROBLEMS?

I have a 2007 GL320 . I have a problem with my radio stations. When i'm listening to FM radio i have to search for station manually will not auto tune radio stations on FM and AM.Dear is lot of static and some times it will not pick up radio stations. NAV/CD player work fine only FM and AM not working .. where is antenna located ?? I'm not shore if its in the rear lift gate/ trunk glass ( uses the defrost grid as a antenna) Has any one came across this problem and knows any easy fixes to my radio static problem.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
The antenna is a combination unit AM/FM - sat radio and GPS all in a large flat unit installed in the roof just behind the sunroof. Cost abt $1000 just for the part. Best get a small semi portable combination unit and plug it into the aux jack in the glove box. You will have steering wheel volume controls that way. When out sat antenna (part of the ant assembly) went away I got a car electronics shop to install a small Sirius unit. They mounted it just above the old display on the dash and plugged it in to the aux jack socket. All for about $400 including installation of the new Sat antenna just above the windshield. The wife now has her country - western music back. Happy wife / happy life!