GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

2009 GL320 RSE Help

Old 01-18-2014, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 gl320
2009 GL320 RSE Help

Hi, we just bought a 2009 GL320. This is our first MB so were trying this one out to see how well were gonna like/hate owning a MB. So far EVERYTHING(almost) works great on this car. Its very very clean all the way around. However, I cannot for the life of me get the screens in the back to work. It appears to be the OEM RSE system. I can get a DVD to play in COMMAND and show up on the front screen, but never in the back. I've switched it to "source for rear" or whatever that option is exactly. Also, the car came with 2 sets of wireless headphones but no remote. If I put a DVD in the rear player, nothing happens. I'm playing Kill Bill VOL1 right now. Even in the back, with the headphones on, all I hear is static. I never even hear the music for the DVD menu that pops up automatically in the front DVD player or your typical DVD player at home. Now, my 1 red flag prior to purchasing this particular car was that I saw 3 times the "electrical system" had been checked but no repair ever made. The vehicle has over 60k miles so was this just a typical "servicing" step on a typical MB? Any help/guidance would be much appreciated.