GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Voice command and Navi Volume

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 honda accord,2005 honda civic,2004 camaro,2003 hyundai sontata
Voice command and Navi Volume

Dear friends, I am finally a owner to a 07 Gl450.

After reading the manual, I have still not been able to figure out how to increase the Navigation voice.(i do hear it faintly come on).

Secondly , how to activate the voice command option. I have buttons on the steering wheel.Left round button is voice off and right round button is voice command. I Have pressed both and don't seem to work.

Lastly is there a setting i could use to have the Read dvd Sound come from the vehicle speakers.

Also ,i have used the manual and reset the commmand system once.

All your input and guidance is much appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by nikb; 04-11-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:07 PM

GL550
Increase the volume button when the navigation speaks. use the repeat button to make it repeat a turn etc. and then you can increase the volume.
When you push the right voice command button it should beep and then you should be able to use voice commands. thats what happens in my gl550. hopefully some others can help too.
Originally Posted by nikb
Dear friends, I am finally a owner to a 07 Gl450.

After reading the manual, I have still not been able to figure out how to increase the Navigation voice.(i do hear it faintly come on).

Secondly , how to activate the voice command option. I have buttons on the steering wheel.Left round button is voice off and right round button is voice command. I Have pressed both and don't seem to work.

Lastly is there a setting i could use to have the Read dvd Sound come from the vehicle speakers.

Also ,i have used the manual and reset the commmand system once.

All your input and guidance is much appriciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:24 PM

2010 honda accord,2005 honda civic,2004 camaro,2003 hyundai sontata
thanks samour. I did not have luck with increasing the volume that way .
as for the voice activation ,could it be that mine does not have the feature ?? i do have the buttons on the steering wheel?

Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
Originally Posted by nikb
thanks samour. I did not have luck with increasing the volume that way .
as for the voice activation ,could it be that mine does not have the feature ?? i do have the buttons on the steering wheel?

You might have to research the factory provided options included when your car was built. There MAY be a sticker in the "trunk" near the spare tire which lists the option codes and for sure a dealer can look up your VIN number and get the M-B computer to print out all those same options. The code for the voice command feature should be listed if it was a part of the original build.

When you adjust the volume of the nav audio be sure to use the volume + - buttons IMMEDIATELY after pressing the repeat button and while the voice is still speaking. [the system has to be running as if you were actually trying to get to a destination of course]