GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Front Parking light bulb on GL -here's the solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450 2008
Smile Front Parking light bulb on GL -here's the solution

I recently had my GL serviced at the dealer and they changed a front parking light bulb (which had intermittently been working).
It had been a little annoying but I hadn't the patience to fix it myself with the long nosed plier solution I've read about on these forums.

Anyway, $16 to fix a bulb is a bit much. But they did tell me how they fixed it........

They unscrewed part of the wheel arch cover to get to the bulb......

Hopefully this info is of use to those of you that need a parking bulb change on the x164.

On another point, I'd just like to add in that although we often read about owners problems with their GLs in these forums, my 2008 GL now has 115,000 miles on it. It's been through several nasty winters, survived -34F this year, waded through DEEP snow (with winter tires of course) and it's been relatively trouble free for a super complex car that is a trusty Swiss Army knife of vehicles. Great acceleration, awesome towing capability, 7 adults and refined and quiet at highway speeds. I'm very happy with the overall reliability and durability of this great car. It's doesn't show items mileage at all and feels more like a 20k miles car, nice and fresh. I'm one of those very happy GL owners!!!
Old 05-15-2014, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63 W218
Thanks for the info. I recently bought some LED replacements, but haven't had time to install them yet.