GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

good idea to get a 09 gl450 w/ 50K miles ?

Old 08-18-2014, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gl450
good idea to get a 09 gl450 w/ 50K miles ?

i wanna keep this car for at least 3 years and my annual miles is around 15k to 18k , here are my question:

what part or function i need to pay more attention before i take the car from dealership?

Does the 09 gl450 support bluetooth audio streaming? (w/ iphone)

I saw there is a multimedia cable with two plus coming out from the front (passenger side), but the plus is only applicable to the earlier generation of iphone, do u think i can get any aftermarket cable which come with lighting plus?

I believe MB build quality is very nice, but i still curious to know something about the reliability of gl450?

even i spent more than 6 six on my existing x5, but i admitted i am a newbie in MB, would all of you share your experience with me, thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GL550
It does not support audio Bluetooth. You can however buy a 100.00 Bluetooth adapter that hooks up to the 30 pin iPhone cord in the glove box. If you google you can find it. It will draw on the battery life.

You can how ever play your audio and charge from that media cord in the glove box. If you have an iPhone 5 you can use the 30pin to lightning adapter. I found you have to buy the real McCoy otherwise it won't work. There are no aftermarket cords available. Some say the VW lightning cord works. I'm not spending 50+ bucks to test that theory or burn up my radio.

In a nut shell this beast has horrible telematics. For something that costs so much it's years behind technology wise. Dealer even told me this before I bought mine. I'm OK with it, but it drives the kids nuts!

Address book does not always work correctly. I don't have anything else to hook up to it beside Apple products so I can say Android is any better.

If you are buying this from a non MB dealer make sure everything works before you leave the lot. If would try for a CPO with the warranty. I work on my stuff myself, nothing goes back to the dealer. I refuse to pay the cost they want.

These are great trucks, but like everything else stuff happens. Well put together but expensive to fix. If you want something bullet proof get a rice burner.

Last edited by CBR Dude; 08-18-2014 at 02:10 PM.