GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Comand system frozen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 GL320
Comand system frozen?

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum here and before I get flamed, yes I searched throughout the forum as much as I could to find an answer to my current problem.

What I have going now is that on my 2009 GL320 I tried to update the Comand system with used DVD update discs I purchased from a reputable ebay dealer. I was able to get through the first disc without issue and about halfway through the second disc it read as "disc unreadable" on the screen and has been stuck there ever since (about a month ago).

I have taken it to the dealer twice now to try and fix the situation. The first time the mechanic said he rebooted the system which didn't work. We then purchased the new update discs from Navteq and when trying to install those discs the same thing happened, disc 1 loaded, halfway through disc 2 it got stuck and is now frozen.

The mechanic at the dealership and his boss both are at a loss on what to do next. The DVD system, bluetooth, navigation, back up cam, etc... are all unusable at the moment.

Anyone with any ideas as to where to go from here? Thanks for any help!