GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Viseeo Tune 2 Air - Is this a PITA solution or what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL450, 2013 Lexus GS350 F-Sport
Originally Posted by CBR Dude
Tried using the Viseeo this past weekend. Kids are home for the holidays. Epic fail again. The music came over but the album names and titles were all wrong!

Unplugged it and it went back in the glove box to collect more dust!

We ended up driving my Daughters Honda CR-V up to Philly as she called the Viseeo a jacked up mess.
I think that's what happens when you use certain music apps. With Spotify, I get the correct names and titles in the center dash screen.

/shrugs
Old 12-30-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GL550
I'll have to ask her what she was using. No idea. Any means to get free music I'm guessing? My phone is work paid for, so I don't have the luxury of using all that stuff. Tightly monitored and too many questions, so I don't bother. My iPad is a different story. My wife carries two phones around and I'm not doing that crap. Hard enough keeping up with one.

Daughter got all spun up with the fact that the albums and titles were off. Then proceeded to pull the plug and it went back in the glove box.

I did reset my iPhone, that caused a @#!* storm with IT. Not doing that again.

So we went up and back to Philly on the same tank of fuel with her CR-V, which does a great job of bluetoothing and Holiday stations came over as they were supposed too unlike the Benz on SAT Radio which is another Benz let down!!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 C300
For those that have tried this product...will it allow for example an Android phone with voice text, to use the car speakers and mic? Right now with the plain COMAND system it will only send and receive calls...but the phone wants to also do voice command and voice text etc.

Or will the product only do audio IF you have selected it as the play back source...like with pandora or whatever?
Old 06-15-2016, 08:47 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
2011 GL350
its basically audio (wish it did video) in only.. It doesn't integrate with any other function for the Radio. Think of as an auxiliary audio only input that uses bluetooth for the connection instead of a pair of RCAs
Old 06-15-2016, 09:01 AM

GL550
The VISEEO is an sad attempt to get music bluetoothed in the Benz. It works and doesn't work. Super basic functions!! It's the only option that I'm aware of without bending over for high dollar aftermarket equipment.

It fights with the phone calls and there is lag between the songs and what shows up on the screen. Sometime it comes over as Chinese! Nice! Makes you wonder what's really happening?

As I've said before I'm using an iPhone. I've upgraded to an 6S Plus and the same problems persist. I have no idea about Android products. So I can't speak for that.

Benz did a terrible job with the infotainment in the 164 series vehicles.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:38 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
GL 320, 993TT, BMW 550XI
Just came across this today.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...oth-audio.html

Need to make sure you have the updated software and activate BT streaming through the hidden engineering menu.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:58 PM

GL550
When did this update occur?

Do you have a software version or a service bulletin I can refer to?

I called over to my service advisor and I think they thought I lost my mind! He said there is no fix software or hardware for that year!

I have a 2012. The 2013 is when the audio bluetooth went into effect on this model.
Old 10-24-2016, 05:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
GL 320, 993TT, BMW 550XI
Originally Posted by CBR Dude
When did this update occur?

Do you have a software version or a service bulletin I can refer to?

I called over to my service advisor and I think they thought I lost my mind! He said there is no fix software or hardware for that year!

I have a 2012. The 2013 is when the audio bluetooth went into effect on this model.
Originally Posted by abed123
HOW TO ENABLE THE ENGINEERING MENU?

Hold down 3 buttons: hang up call, 1 and #.