GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

2011 GL350 CPO Issues - Need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 GL 350
2011 GL350 CPO Issues - Need advice

Hope you guys can give me some thoughts / advice.

Background - purchased a single owner CPO GL350 Dec 2013 with approx 48K miles on it.

We brought the vehicle in for it's 60K service earlier this year (Febish). After the service, the vehicle started leaking oil. I would guess it dropped a 1 qt our driveway.

We brought the vehicle back in and were told "the seals (O ring?) fail on these pretty frequently, but once we fix them, you won't have a problem again". The repair charges (under warranty) were about $6K.

Last week, the vehicle started leaking oil again. It has leaked about the same amount of oil, and the driveway is starting to look a bit like a Dalmatian. It is scheduled to go into service this Saturday - to hopefully address this new problem.

We have two other unresolved problems as well:
- 2nd row seat, passenger side doesn't lock properly; we were told this is not fixable under a CPO claim due (which doesn't make sense to me)
- Consistently hard idle at altitude while in Drive at a stand still (they can't trouble shoot it)

I am concerned that we have had these many problems with a CPO MB in such a short period of time.

Any thoughts / insight / advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

KZ

Reposted from here: https://mbworld.org/forums/gl-class-...#ixzz3XPqX2Kjn
Old 04-16-2015, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry, no real advice about the exact problems, but in regards to warranty or other vehicle issues, it's always a good idea to phone MBUSA or MB whatever country so that you can start a file on the issue.

My 2011 gl350 was a month out of warranty when I brought it into the dealer to have them look at the timing chain and oil cooler leak and broken seat belt retractor. They would not goodwill the repairs. I phoned Mercedes Canada and they contacted the dealership and within a week, everything was OK'd and a week after that, it was fixed. I should have started with Mercedes Canada.

Good Luck.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 GL350, 2005 BMW X5 4.8is, 2015 BMW 328d
Sounds like your dealer isn't very customer friendly. Take your CPO to another dealer, get a second opinion. If the car is still leaking oil, that means the first repair didn't do it right.
The second row seat engagement is an electrical wire that is being pinched. Again, get another dealer to fix it because it is a safety issue.
Rough idle means the engine needs a tune up or the MAF needs cleaning. Another dealer maybe able to diagnose it.