GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Malfunction with arrow point up and check engine light on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes GL450
Malfunction with arrow point up and check engine light on

The shocks have all been replaced in the last year. The car is not low and its driving fine. What does this mean? How do I know if the compressor is bad? Wouldn't the car drop? Could the compressor going bad cause the check engine light to come on?
Old 05-21-2015, 06:42 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
You have two different issues. One is your compressor is on its way out- this needs to be confirmed though. Can you raise the truck inside 1-2 minutes? If yes- you have other problem. If no- your compressor is dying or dead.

The check engine light is a different issue. No airmatic malfunction should cause check engine soon light.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 4 Matic
I just got my car back from the transmission shop, when I got in the malfunction light was on with an arrow pointing up. The shop said everything has to reset. I drove off to get my daughter and as I went down the street light came on saying "car to low" I pulled into first gas station to check the tires and noticed the front drivers side was very low, called the shop... was told the air bags have to refill since the car had been sitting. Picked up kid and drove around but nothing.... The work I had done was on the front passenger side, is this related to the repair? Am I looking at another major repair?
Old 11-21-2015, 08:42 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2008 GL 320 CDI, 2004 VW V10 Touareg TDI
If the repair was to the air suspension system they did it wrong! If it was to the transmission then the repair has no relation to the air/height issue. Suggest a diagnosis from a reliable independent shop with Mercedes capability.