GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

P0299 code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Land Rover Discovery series I
P0299 code

I'm sure this topic has been brought before and I've been searching the posts for resolution but I'm gonna post here anyway.

Last week while driving CEL came on and car had no power out of the blue. No erratic loss of power prior to this.

Code read at AutoZone and it says P0299. I've been reading and checking. Things I've done:

Checked air filters, dirty-new ones on order
Silicone gasket at turbo inlet, torn incorrectly installed by previous tech, new one on order
Wiped oil from intake plastic runner and cleaned sensors in inlet with "MAF sensor safe cleaner"

After the cleaning of the sensors boost came back for 1/2 mile but then went away again and truck would exhibit bucking under high boost. It'll sometimes boost and when turbo spools up it'll drop throttle suddenly then come back- ya know, bucking.

I've checked and rechecked hoses and also checked plugs for dry,tight. Checked hoses to and from intercooler also. No splits felt. Also checked the linkage to turbo vanes, it moves when throttle is mashed on and off.

Next step is to visit a local shop with a diagnostic computer to see what sensor is crapped.

Suggestions?
Old 04-11-2016, 07:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
"Suggestions?"-----see your last paragraph---good thinking!!
Old 04-27-2016, 09:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Land Rover Discovery series I
Update

Update. After two respected local Mercedes independent shops both failed to fix my '07 GL 320, we had it towed to Sun Motors in Mechanicsburg, PA. In three hours they had it fixed and running. Exhaust pressure sensor had failed.

I made arrangements to pick it up and all was well, the Mrs was quite happy. Then the service manager called back......

"Mr. Pierce, we've had a mishap with your car, it got into a fender bender in our wash Bay Area."

Tech forgot to put car in Park as the modern units automatically go into park when the door is opened. It rolled into another car and bashed the rear bumper cover. They are gonna fix the damage in house and have provided a loaner vehicle until the repairs are done.

We have a 2017 GLE 350 loaner for a week. Had 000,099 miles in the odometer when the Mrs drove it off the lot.

Thanks Sun Motors.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:06 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
e320
well glad it is fixed and very sorry it had a fender bender

keep us up to date on how it does after you get it back