GL Class (X164) 2007-2012: GL320CDI, GL420CDI, GL450, GL550

Marker Lamp Front Right Warning - MY10 GL450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz GL450
Marker Lamp Front Right Warning - MY10 GL450

I have a MY10 GL450 (X164) and had the Marker Lamp Front Right Warning. This light is not working when the headlight switch is turned to parking lights or headlights setting. However, it does work when I use my right turn signal or hazard lights. Also, when I first turn on headlights or when I unlock doors with key fob, this light blinks about 9 times before turning off.

I replaced it with a new lamp and nothing changes. I still have the warning message and the light only works with the right turn signal. I also replaced the front left marker lamp in case the circuit is smart enough to sense current draw from an old versus new lamp, but this did not fix the problem either. I checked the lamp socket for damage or contact corrosion and did not find any problems.

Please help. Does anyone know if a OBD2 scanner would be able to provide a code that would show the problem? What other lights, etc. are in this same circuit that could be causing this issue? Anyone know why the light would blink 9 times before turning off and why it would work normally as a turn signal but not as a parking light? My left side mirror turn signal light has some moisture in it. Is this in same front right marker circuit and possibly cause issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to X164 forum...
Old 06-26-2022, 07:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2001 S500 (W220) / 2007 GL450 (X164)
Originally Posted by mtrice7
I have a MY10 GL450 (X164) and had the Marker Lamp Front Right Warning. This light is not working when the headlight switch is turned to parking lights or headlights setting. However, it does work when I use my right turn signal or hazard lights. Also, when I first turn on headlights or when I unlock doors with key fob, this light blinks about 9 times before turning off.

I replaced it with a new lamp and nothing changes. I still have the warning message and the light only works with the right turn signal. I also replaced the front left marker lamp in case the circuit is smart enough to sense current draw from an old versus new lamp, but this did not fix the problem either. I checked the lamp socket for damage or contact corrosion and did not find any problems.

Please help. Does anyone know if a OBD2 scanner would be able to provide a code that would show the problem? What other lights, etc. are in this same circuit that could be causing this issue? Anyone know why the light would blink 9 times before turning off and why it would work normally as a turn signal but not as a parking light? My left side mirror turn signal light has some moisture in it. Is this in same front right marker circuit and possibly cause issue?

Thanks in advance for any assistance that can be offered.
did you ever get an answer?
Old 06-26-2022, 01:36 PM

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
2006 R500
The marker should be the running light that is on the outside corner, not the turn signal on the inside. If it were the turn signal, the message would say turn signal bulb out, or something like that. The marker is not part of the turn signal or hazard signal system.