Trying To Import Contacts From iPhone - Memory Full Message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 03:14 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
AMG GLS63
Trying To Import Contacts From iPhone - Memory Full Message

Hi all

Im trying to import approx 120 contacts from my iPhone 4S (company provided hence the old version) to the Comand unit in my 2011 GL500 and I keep getting a message saying the memory is full so the contacts may not download correctly. I deleted the entire address book and checked it was empty and try again, same thing. Anyone have this and know what to do to solve it?

In my iPhone I've selected the contacts list for only my Oulook account rather than all accounts because there was a lot of contacts, might this be the problem and the Comand is trying to download the whole lot rather than just Outlook?

Any advice greatly appreciated, never had any problems with the import in my 2013 ML63 AMG.

Thanks

Carl
Old 11-28-2016, 12:33 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 GL350
Check the rest of the memory. Potentially you or the previous owner have audio files or something else stored on the system. Goto media and select memory.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
AMG GLS63
There doesn't seem to be anything else in the memory. I changed the settings within my iPhone and managed to import the contacts to the point where it said it was successful and I see a couple of names in the calls list so it was a step forward but not all names are listed, this is very strange and frustrating that a vehicle of this caliber isn't able to accept contacts via Bluetooth.

I think perhaps it needs the cradle to be fitted in the centre arm rest to sync the contacts properly so that's the next step, or I enter them manually?

Thanks