GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Active Blind spot inoperative error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Active Blind spot inoperative error

Anyone getting an active blind spot inoperative problem while driving? I have a GL 550, 2014

I have seen it several times now and I have a friend with a 2014 E550 that experienced that problem too and had to bring it to the dealership to fix it.

Basically a message comes out on dash telling me the active blind spot system is inoperative with yellow words. It comes up randomly and my car is brand new with less than 500 miles on it.

I wonder if it is a common tech problem. God I hope isn't as unreliable as the tech back in the early 2000s.....
Old 10-01-2014, 04:02 PM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
are you noticing other components showing up as inop?

my dash would light up like a Christmas tree with all of the safety features not working....the day I drove it off the showroom floor and numerous times after....

you need to take it to the dealer and see what codes they pull. It took 6 months to figure out what was wrong with my car..

these vehicles have a glass fiber ring all around the vehicle that everything logs into when you start the car... they had to remove the passenger seat and start disconnecting connectors to match those error codes. Finally they found one in particular that was defective... it was a very hard problem to sort.
Attached Thumbnails Active Blind spot inoperative error-wp_20131111_001.jpg