GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Mats, Cargo and Trash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 12:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 GL350
Mats, Cargo and Trash

Looking for some sources and recommendations on gl350 cargo mats, behind 3rd seat, flex to behind 2nd seat, cargo protection w/3rd seat partial and full fold down options. Also, cannot believe this 83K retail vehicle didn't come with floor mats for the 3rd row. Recommendations please. I'm in Arizona so not real keen on rubber all weather mats that suit the Wisconsin+ environment but will be towing a boat so would need medium protection to mild dirty water and camp environment stuff (on my way through a national forest to a Hilton - my definition of camping) Also looking to protect the hump in the second row. Carpet is beige or whatever MB calls it (almond?) very light with Dark brown floor mats but, only in the front and 2nd row two sides (not the hump).

Last and least - what do you do for trash? Looking for suggestions. Last vehicle had floor space in front of the center console for a mini flip top trash container. MB gl is very constrained in this regard for long trips - any suggestions besided "don't blow your nose" would be appreciated -

Much thanks...
Old 04-26-2015, 07:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
GL 350
I have had good luck with weathertec floormats in the front and 2nd seat. I use a canvasback for rear, because it lets you use the 3rd row seat easily. For trash, I use a snap type bag that can be stashed either alongside or under the driver's legs
Old 04-26-2015, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
MB All-Weather mats for front - made by Weathertech plus MB fronts you you get MB logo. On fronts MB and WeatherTech agreement on comparable retail - depending on internet retailer for WeatherTech there can be shipping/free-shipping, and some w/tax/no-tax

2nd row is one piece which covers hump MB and WeathetTech mat the same for 2nd row.

3rd row same mat avail from Weather Tech directly - not avail thru MB.

Good recommendation above for rear cargo
Old 04-27-2015, 01:50 AM

2015 GL350
Thanks to you both. Much appreciated.
Old 04-27-2015, 11:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 GL450
I agree with both. I have the MB Weather Tech liners for all 3 rows. The 3rd row liners are actually really good since it protects under the 2nd row seats as one would have to step on when getting in to the 3rd row. Yet to get the Canvasback for the cargo area but looking into them since right now, I only have a bed sheet protecting the cargo area...
Old 04-27-2015, 04:00 PM

2015 GL350
Just picked up MB front and second row (last set) from the dealer. Told the brown/tan only comes in "Mocha" dark brown. Went to the WeatherTech site expecting to order same color for the 3rd row, but only comes in "Tan" which customer service says is actually a "peanut butter" shade of tan. Is the MB All-Weather really WeatherTech, if so is the Mocha exclusive to MB? I was told I can order the 3rd row but hesitated as I remembered the WT site was about $45 less ($70 vs $114?). Any insight or do I just have to special order from MB to get the same color? About ready to order Canvasback - seems like a good solution - thanks for the advice.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:12 PM

2013 GL450
That's what I read, that the MB ones are made by WeatherTech. But anyway, is this the one you bought for the first two rows?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Merc...-/221701869598

I ended up getting them from this seller because I'm in NY and the seller is from CT. Got the item to me in two days. I know WT is about $85 after shipping, so these MB ones are about $20 more...However!! I bought the first 2 rows from the same seller and they're about $150 for both, so I saved there.

Last edited by chewychiu; 04-27-2015 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Added 1st and 2nd row and got seller and buyer switched...
Old 04-27-2015, 09:15 PM

2015 GL350
Thanks chewychiu. Just ordered the 3rd row from the link you provided. Saved a little over the dealer +tax and advertised to be here in a couple of days otherwise would have just ordered from the dealer to be sure I got the mocha. Didn't go with WT 'cause they said they didn't have the tan/peanut butterish brown. Mucho gras...

The helpful folks on this forum rock!
Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 PM

2013 GL450
Originally Posted by andedave
Thanks chewychiu. Just ordered the 3rd row from the link you provided. Saved a little over the dealer +tax and advertised to be here in a couple of days otherwise would have just ordered from the dealer to be sure I got the mocha. Didn't go with WT 'cause they said they didn't have the tan/peanut butterish brown. Mucho gras...

The helpful folks on this forum rock!
Old 04-28-2015, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 211 Posts
S560
I used the x164 rear mat for behind the third/second row. It covers the entire cargo area when the third row is folded and when the seats are raised it folds up great with the seats. On the x164 it velcrowed directly to the back of the third row but it doesn't work on the x166 so I used some self stick 3m Velcro that I attached to the seat and it holds the mat just fine. Fits nearly perfectly too even though it's for the last gen truck....