GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Got my new 2016 GL450, with questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Got my new 2016 GL450, with questions

I just obtained my custom built 2016 GL450. So far we have been enjoying this vehicle very much.

We've got two minor questions/concerns though. Hope some of you can help us understand how we should deal with it.

1. The car doesn't have the "4MATIC" logo on the back. The manual and every other GLs we've seen all have it. We don't. I thought the 4MATIC is an standard option of the GLs. Maybe this is just some logo issue?

2. The 2nd row seats do not have the ability to hold the headrest at any position except all down or all up. Is this expected? The manual said I can position the headrest in the middle by pulling up at desired position. But the thing doesn't stay. It'll automatically slide down unless I've fully pulled it up.

Are they real problems? Did you see anything similar to that? Thanks.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
No "real" problems - rest a bit easier.

1) 4matic badging - notify your dealer right away - yes - some 16 GL450's 4matics have "slipped thru" production without getting passenger rear 4matic badging - the one's my giuy's have caught here so far have been black - but other black's have been correctly badged.
Alert your dealer now - so they can order the 4matic badging now - don't wait long - as other dealer's/customer's catch this same problem - quite peculiar - the 4matic badging will get sold out on MB Parts side and become a wait list item - you don't want that.
Best dealer install is to apply badging when your rig is sitting right next to a correct GL - that way they can get visual position and visual spacing correct - since there is no "templete" for that - and as a new GL450 you want it perfect.

2) If you have the "EZ-Entry" 2nd row feature - the push button 2nd row "power up" - then yes - the headrests are either full-down/full-up. Frankly, without EZ-Entry that headrest will only lock full-up/full-down - but will slide/stay in place most of the time on middle positions - but everyone I have seen on n-EZ either has their headrest full-up/full-down.

Keep the beat !
Old 11-27-2015, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Thank you very much for your reply, fabbisd1! That is really helpful.

Regarding 1, yes, I have a black car. As long as it's not a real missing of the 4Matic driver feature, I'm not really concerned. I'll let the dealer aware of this and get the badge though!

Regarding 2, I do have the EZ entry feature on the 2nd row seats. It's a bit odd that they didn't mention the missing of mid-position ability with this feature. Anyway, I can live without it!

Thanks again.