GL Class (X166) 2013-2015 after facelift became GLS (X166)

Power Easy Entry 2nd Row Seat Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 GL450
Power Easy Entry 2nd Row Seat Issue

Two months ago, I purchased a 2013 CPO GL450. My power easy entry seat behind the passenger seat doesn't always work. When the button is pressed, the top part of the seat will fold down, but the bottom part doesn't flip forward as it should. It has been to the dealership twice for this problem and this week they replaced the seat motor. It worked when I picked it up, but didn't when I got it home. This is the weird thing I noticed... It doesn't seem to work in my driveway. I press the button and the top part goes down, but it doesn't flip forward. When I pulled it out of the driveway onto the level street, it worked all the way. Back in my driveway, it didn't work again. I'm now thinking there is some correlation between the slight slant of the driveway (which is your normal driveway slant) and the seat malfunctioning. Anyone ever hear of this or anyone have similar issues with this seat? I personally think it should work all the time, and I hate to have to let my service advisor know that it's still not really working properly. Meanwhile, the seat behind the driver's seat which is larger and heavier has no trouble ever and always flips forward. Frustrated...
Old 03-16-2016, 12:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'11 E550 , '13 GL450
I have the same issue on my CPO 13 GL450. It seems that it works from time to time but sometimes it does not work especially when I go to the dealership and have it checked. I do however found out that when I click the button twice (theres a certain timing on the 2nd click) that I get it to go up all the way. I just tell my kids to click it twice all the time to go all the way. Im not sure if its suppose to be like that but that just prevents me to going to the dealer and get it done. The other side though which you have mentioned do fold all the way with no issue.

I might go to the dealer to get them to check the motor but yours have been re-placed already and its still doing it. Your issue with the garage is also something i need to check if its the level of my driveway that prevents it to go all the way, i might need to check it on a different area...

Let me know who you resolve this and it might be the same on mine....

Anybody else having the same issue?
The following users liked this post:
SJG444 (03-16-2016)
Old 03-17-2016, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL550
Funny - I just posted the same on JTSE's thread. Interesting as it is on my sloped driveway I have the issue. Dealership said they couldn't replicate the issue.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W211
I am having the same issue. The issue seems to be related to the hydraulic shocks which propels the passenger side center row seat forward. I also noticed that if you pull the middle row cup holder out it releases the pressure off the smaller seat and allows it to perform slightly better.

The motors don't need the be replaced. Their only purpose is to release the manual latch automatically.