GL63 AMG and GLS63 (X166, X167) 2014 - present (Two generations)

GL63 vs Range Rover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Fast1
"Money doesn't make you smarter or give better taste"
That's for sure after reading some of these posts.
RR Autobiography with executive seating, and order an Uber if you need to transport more than four people.
The GL63 is proof that D-bags are procreating at an alarming rate!
What's truly sad is Philistines like Cyclrdr, are the 1's that give Mercedes, or any luxury auto/boat/home owner the "We are superior to anyone w/less stereotype" His example is easily the worst I've ever witnessed personally & it only takes 1-2 rotten apples to spoil entire barrel.. So to speak.. Luckily the majority here aren't so terribly confused on what's really important in life & are actually very humble good people, material possessions don't define you, your actions do

Last edited by Thericker; 01-20-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V8 Biturbo
Thericker, well said.
I've browsed the forum for quite some time and I never really felt the need to post anything before. But having owned a number of RRs as well as MBs, I stumbled upon this thread. I was really surprised by the level of superficiality and arrogance on some of the posts directed towards you and others and had to step in.

I think MB as well as a growing economy is partially to blame for the rotten apples. MB keeps developing products that pander to a new breed of wealth, and unfortunately, this is the outcome.
What soccer mom would buy a car that seats seven, and has 550 ponies? The answer is probably none. It is insecure soccer dads who have way too much time and money on their hands that buy this car.
I can understand the need for a GL450/550, and I think that it is a perfectly sensible family car. Truthfully, I’m more partial to wagons if the need is there.

It would have been more amusing if Daimler Chrysler had dropped a hemi in the caravan.
Anyone interested in a real objective view, should think twice about a GL63 for sure after reading the entire thread. If you are considering this car, you can look forward to joining in an elite class of douchebags.

Conclusion:
RR owners: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Daniel Craig, Bruce Springsteen, Jay-Z, etc.
GL63 owners: Cyclrder,&?

Sorry GL63 owners. I’m not bashing you, I’m just stating the facts as shown in this thread.
I’m just glad my 63 is not a GL!

Last edited by Fast1; 01-23-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thericker, well said.
I've browsed the forum for quite some time and I never really felt the need to post anything before. But having owned a number of RRs as well as MBs, I stumbled upon this thread. I was really surprised by the level of superficiality and arrogance on some of the posts directed towards you and others and had to step in.

I think MB as well as a growing economy is partially to blame for the rotten apples. MB keeps developing products that pander to a new breed of wealth, and unfortunately, this is the outcome.
What soccer mom would buy a car that seats seven, and has 550 ponies? The answer is probably none. It is insecure soccer dads who have way too much time and money on their hands that buy this car.
I can understand the need for a GL450/550, and I think that it is a perfectly sensible family car. Truthfully, I’m more partial to wagons if the need is there.

It would have been more amusing if Daimler Chrysler had dropped a hemi in the caravan.
Anyone interested in a real objective view, should think twice about a GL63 for sure after reading the entire thread. If you are considering this car, you can look forward to joining in an elite class of douchebags.

Conclusion:
RR owners: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Daniel Craig, Bruce Springsteen, Jay-Z, etc.
GL63 owners: Cyclrdr,&?

Sorry GL63 owners. I’m not bashing you, I’m just stating the facts as shown in this thread.
Thanks... Your intelligent perspective is refreshing & always welcome here... Though "I" know you're being facetious on D-bags & GL63's etc etc But a certain Philistine here will not realize it's just healthy Tom-Foolery, & possibly go nuclear upon digesting this w/his breakfast tomorrow

Last edited by Thericker; 01-21-2015 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:25 AM

GL63 AMG
Thericker, well said.

Conclusion:
GL63 owners: Cyclrder,&?

I'll say it...You're an idiot. You are bashing GL owners bc you just called us douchebags. Making a generalization like this shows that you truly have no wits about your unworldly views. Here in England, the GL63 AMG is the ONLY petrol MB available that can fit a family larger than 5. I'm proud to own such an amazing vehicle with technology that supersedes the RR. You say you have owned the RR in the past?? Which one? Because I can tear you a new one with all the long term problems those vehicles have had in the past. Yes, I've owned the RR HSE & Escalade, so I have the knowledge of comparing the trucks.

You mention RR owners who are celebrities and have had those RR's delivered to their doors for free....so what? The vehicles they have are ALL Supercharge and have 500+ HP. Queen E II is the Queen of ENGLAND where the Range Rover and Rolls Royce are made. How would the POTUS look driving around in anything but an American made vehicle. You're so annoying and stupid...I can't bother writing anymore.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:38 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 C8, 2020 defender 110X, 2019 720S, 2014 GLK 350 4matic, 2015 escalade platinum, 2013 RRS HSELux
Originally Posted by Thericker
Just looked up fast times @ the Ring ha this new RR SVR exactly matches the SL65 AMG Ring record & a plethora of other fine autos & sports cars let alone SUV's lol it bests the older heavier 2010-13 SC'd 510 hp RR by 41 seconds!! # 180.Mercedes SL65 AMG 8:14.001 Chk rest of cars it's equal to or a ton faster around Ring..Out of 334 records on this link it's faster than 154 fine autos.. http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html
Current RRS owner bought new, escalade hybrid owner bought new and in this forum as I bought my highschool daughter a new glk350 as first car. Anyway, I was impressed by the SVR numbers in the ring being the only SUV to lap it fast but it didn't last long as the GLA45(believe it or not lapped it faster). I was able to drive the GLA45 AMG and it was fast but small for me. http://m.autoevolution.com/gla-45-am...tes-76873.html
Old 01-26-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
Originally Posted by sblvro
Current RRS owner bought new, escalade hybrid owner bought new and in this forum as I bought my highschool daughter a new glk350 as first car. Anyway, I was impressed by the SVR numbers in the ring being the only SUV to lap it fast but it didn't last long as the GLA45(believe it or not lapped it faster). I was able to drive the GLA45 AMG and it was fast but small for me. http://m.autoevolution.com/gla-45-am...tes-76873.html
I think that the RRS is a completely different market... that car compares to the Cayenne and probably the ML63... and I would definitely buy the Cayenne over the RRS. (the GL weights 600 lbs more than the RRS)

the reality is that anyone who would even consider buying a GL63 is looking for a hauler... not a car to hooligan around in (though, it certainly will if you like)... 3 rows, 7500lbs towing capacity (RRS doesn't even list it's towing capacity on the website as I have found.. correct me if wrong), the comfort of a S class, without a "look at me" attitude.... we don't need V12 badges (referencing other forum talkers here) on the tail of our vehicles. (though I like my red calipers!).

If you have a chance to spend time with a GL63.. you soon realize how nice a daily driver the vehicle it is regardless of it's size. The handling, braking, comfort, and the power to be able to position yourself on a 4 lane highway or at a stoplight. Can the RRS do the same.. of course it can.. but people talking about that car should really be over on the ML63 forum...
Old 01-26-2015, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by sblvro
That's amazing.. But the RRSC still holds Pikes Peak record (maybe not for long? heard BMW's gunning for it badly) I pick up my new to me, sorry not brand new lol.. "Cyclrdr" 2012 RRSSC I pick it up Wednesday & can't wait to start the modding 510 hp stock & Pulley/ECU 630 hp very soon! I've bought (2) vehicles brand new in my life, the rest have all been low mileage, full warranty, quality used vehicles. I find the huge financial hit one takes in being 1st owner NOT remotely worth it period... Unless you're leasing? (99% of New cars on road are Leased & funny thing the majority of those Lease vehicles like to tell people they OWN them lol.. No you're renting/leasing it you aren't the owner)

Not saying that's what you have done, I don't even know you etc..

Last edited by Thericker; 01-26-2015 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics.....really moronic to criticize a soccer mom or a soccer dad for buying a 500+hp suv no matter what brand. Why dont you go and live in Cuba so the govt can tell u what you can or cant buy?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:57 PM

GL450 dodge ram srt 10
Originally Posted by absent
To hell with either.
How about new Escalade with more room then either of those two, take it to Hennessey for twin turbo install.
1000hp and acceleration rivalling Nissan GT-R.....
I would stay far away from Hennessey You will be lucke if you get your ar back in one peace as he will take off parts of you and use them on others he ows a lot of pople money.
http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/th...formance.17015
And look up former employees what they ave to say