GL63 AMG and GLS63 (X166, X167) 2014 - present (Two generations)

Tired of advertisers in the GL63 forum.

Old 12-19-2014, 06:38 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
Tired of advertisers in the GL63 forum.

I'm really getting tired of advertising threads here.... If I want to look at wheels... I'll look in the Vendor section...same for wrapping and detailing.

This part of the forum is to discuss our vehicles, tuning, and or the experience that we as owners might have had with a particular vendor.... Not for the vendor to tell me something... (Unless Weistec or Renntech are offering 30% discounts here..haha).

Maybe we can get back to some self regulation?
Who agrees?
Old 12-19-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2015 GL63, 2015 S550, 2006 SL55
Agreed.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:15 AM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
21 G63, 21 GLS580, 16 GTS Ed. 1
Just don't click on it. Site needs money to run so there's no harm being done.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:07 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree also. It's kept me away for months.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
Just don't click on it. Site needs money to run so there's no harm being done.
Nobody pays money to the site to post a thread.... DUH.

Kinda like people who don't have AMGs commenting in the AMG forum.

Do you even know what an M157 is?

Seriously... If you aren't adding value in a particular forum..... Then just don't click that "post" button..... You might have bought wheels from one of these vendors (as I have too) but ten of the last 14 posts or so are from vendors and that is just too much.

We are all here looking for issues that we need to be up to speed about our vehicles, common problems, warranty fixes, neat upgrades, and how to help..... This other vendor stuff that is blanketed throughout the forum is just "noise".
Old 12-21-2014, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by cyclrder
Nobody pays money to the site to post a thread.... DUH.

Kinda like people who don't have AMGs commenting in the AMG forum.

Do you even know what an M157 is?

Seriously... If you aren't adding value in a particular forum..... Then just don't click that "post" button..... You might have bought wheels from one of these vendors (as I have too) but ten of the last 14 posts or so are from vendors and that is just too much.

We are all here looking for issues that we need to be up to speed about our vehicles, common problems, warranty fixes, neat upgrades, and how to help..... This other vendor stuff that is blanketed throughout the forum is just "noise".

Lol, your post made me smile. Was it hard for you to see "helpful" thread through the forum sponsor thread? If more owners would post in here then you won't see sponsors on the top.
What's also funny is just because I don't own any "AMG" at the moment I shouldnt post in this section. Did you have any useful info to add to the "GL63" Forum? Also the vendors are giving you ideas on neat upgrades.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Venom-AMG
Lol, your post made me smile. Was it hard for you to see "helpful" thread through the forum sponsor thread? If more owners would post in here then you won't see sponsors on the top.
What's also funny is just because I don't own any "AMG" at the moment I shouldnt post in this section. Did you have any useful info to add to the "GL63" Forum? Also the vendors are giving you ideas on neat upgrades.

You might have checked my past posts....?
1. AMG brake pad replacement...with pictures
2. BMC air filter install... With pictures
3. Seat switch cover upgrade that you personally asked about the link for
4. Snow tire comments based on experience using 21inch scorpion winters
5. 22 inch tire application comments. (I see in your past posts that you were trying to sort options for a GL450 in addition to trying to see about putting a GL550 /GL63 front end conversion on the vehicle... By the way, you will have to do the rear also as the exhausts on the GL450 might possibly not exit out through the lower valance of the car)

Some of the posts above were in the X166 forum as a lot of it pertains across the chassis line.

Future projects:
1. Porterfield brake pad review
2. Supersprint Exhaust install (maybe you would like to buy my AMG rear muffler and exhaust tips)
3. AL Priority anti laser install...

I've also added extensive comments in the W212 and X164 forums...

So here is the reality.... The GL63 driver as a general rule isn't out there tuning his car like a C63 /E63 ... (The ML63 guys are a little better)... It is a little frustrating for those of us who do here....looking for things to tweak (as you clearly are too) and seeing the same posts being bumped over and over for wheel specials and vynl covering.... Just sayin....

So hopefully I've added value to the forums..... Did you buy the switch covers for your future GL450? You know that they work in the ML too...
Btw... In my opinion, you'd be better served buying a 1 or 2 year old GL550 with the extended warranty and cheap financing than buying a GL450 and converting body cladding and wheels.... The 550 comes with so many more standard options and performance enhancements than the 450 that not being a Virgin won't bother you after a week in the 550... Just sayin....

Old 12-21-2014, 02:47 PM

Just looked at your past post and I agree that you have contribute good knowledge to this forum. This thread was you asking opinions on sponsor threads and you went and got offensive when I expressed mine. The gl 450 was for the wife that I just bought and I replace her car very 3 years. The lease on the gl550 and gl63 wasnt cost efficient to me. I like to explore my options to upgrade. Will I covert the front end? Maybe but that's not set in stone, I just like the lower valance. I'm more of a car guy myself. Happy holidays

Last edited by Venom-AMG; 12-21-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:05 PM

No sweat...

Enjoy the 450 and Merry Christmas to you too.