GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

MB screwing people with no Keyless entry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bicycle
MB screwing people with no Keyless entry

Now that Kia, Hyundai and the other POS asian cars pretty much all have keyless entry available, the idiots at MB figured that people spending $70k for a car shoudln't even have this as an option.

I'm sure plenty of people who don't understand the industry will try to whine that it's about cost, but in reality, it could easily be an option and thus really have not much implication on cost. The parts for it factory installed aren't expensive at all.

Mercedes is worried that somehow some old lady ordering an S series is going to skip to the GLA because of the availability of something like Keyless Go. It's missing various other features too like a heated steering wheel, cooled seats, torque vectoring, etc. Apprently Mercedes doesn't care so much about you at the $70k price range.

I was going to buy this car. It's pretty unique, but I'm not so eager to grab my ankles and take it from Mercedes. Another S4 it is. Since there was nothing on the forum about this, I thought I'd make everyone aware.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:04 AM

2013 C class Coupe 250 CDI
I think torque vectoring is available with Dynamic handling package on AMG line cars
Old 07-31-2014, 11:10 AM

2010 GLK
Check out the Mercedes USA website link:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicl...model-GLA250W2

- Scroll down to 'Comfort & Convenience'
- Click on 'View All'
- Go to 'Optional Features'
- See 'Keyless-Go' $650
Old 08-21-2014, 09:38 AM

1999 G500, 2015 ML250d
I may be reading it wrong but, I don't think MB is making "keyless entry" optional. All the cars have this feature in the key.

Keyless Go is like BMWs comfort access where the key could be in your pocket or bag and you can still unlock/lock and start the car without actually touching have key or putting it in the ignition.

Not sure it was ever standard on anything but highest end models. Keyless Go has been around as an option since the W220 S Class at least in the US. and probably earlier in Europe maybe.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:14 PM

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
2021 E63 S Sedan
Keyless entry is there, Keyless Go ( push button start/stop) is not. Not until Nov/Dec builds. Stupid MB
Old 09-02-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
15 GLA 45, 09 C63, 06 WRX STi
Originally Posted by Strafe1
Keyless entry is there, Keyless Go ( push button start/stop) is not. Not until Nov/Dec builds. Stupid MB
What are you talking about? Keyless entry is part of the keyless go system. (IE have the key in your pocket and tap on the handle to lock/unlock and enter car). Its not a separate system.

If you have info stating otherwise please share.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts
C63 BS, GLA45
Originally Posted by jstefanop
What are you talking about? Keyless entry is part of the keyless go system. (IE have the key in your pocket and tap on the handle to lock/unlock and enter car). Its not a separate system.

If you have info stating otherwise please share.
I think both you and the OP are confusing what the term Keyless entry is marketing. This is Keyless Entry, basically pressing lock and unlock on the key, on a Hyundai:

It's marketed as keyless because you don't stick a key in the door. This comes standard on GLA's. Keyless Go, available Nov/Dec builds, allows you to lock/unlock by tapping on the door handles, and push button start. In Hyundai's case, that feature is marketed as Proximity Keyless Entry, and only available in their higher end cars with the right packages.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
a gla is about half that price as well.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts
E 350
Originally Posted by rage2
I think both you and the OP are confusing what the term Keyless entry is marketing. This is Keyless Entry, basically pressing lock and unlock on the key, on a Hyundai:It's marketed as keyless because you don't stick a key in the door. This comes standard on GLA's. Keyless Go, available Nov/Dec builds, allows you to lock/unlock by tapping on the door handles, and push button start. In Hyundai's case, that feature is marketed as Proximity Keyless Entry, and only available in their higher end cars with the right packages.
So essentially what you are saying is that for a Hyundai, a standard remote locking / unlocking is called Keyless entry. Ha.... That's a joke on them. I thought Hyundai was offering better juice that that.