GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Offset (tow hook) front license plate bracket GLA250

Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA250
Offset (tow hook) front license plate bracket GLA250

Hi folks,

We just got (and love) a 2015 GLA250 and live in a state that requires the awful front license plates. We have had offset brackets for our old BMW and Mini but I cannot find one on Gominigo.com, RhoPlate, or CravenSpeed Platypus since the car is so new. Has anyone been able to find an offset bracket for this car?

Thank you!
Old 10-24-2014, 03:52 PM

CLA45 AMG
Originally Posted by GreyGLA
Hi folks,

We just got (and love) a 2015 GLA250 and live in a state that requires the awful front license plates. We have had offset brackets for our old BMW and Mini but I cannot find one on Gominigo.com, RhoPlate, or CravenSpeed Platypus since the car is so new. Has anyone been able to find an offset bracket for this car?

Thank you!
You can buy the kit for CLA and give it a try. Potential issue is how close the front collision sensor to the tow hook location.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:02 PM

GLA250
Originally Posted by dtc100
You can buy the kit for CLA and give it a try. Potential issue is how close the front collision sensor to the tow hook location.
Thanks for your reply. Rhoplate got back to me and makes one if your car has the sport package. The other two mentioned above email back and said they could make one if I measured the tow hook depth.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:43 PM

SLK55 //AMG R171
I use this:
Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder: Automotive Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder: Automotive

I've owned 3 of these, and they work great! I only have plate issues from highway patrol, so around town, I hide my plate.