GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Last questions of the day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA-250
Last questions of the day!

First...the cable in the between seats storage does what? Actually, there are two connections on the cable. Obviously, they do something....but what? My phone is connected via bluetooth, so ?

Second...If I plug my phone charge cable into the USB port in the between seats storage compartment, will it charge the phone or is that usb just for data transfer?

Thanks...Celt
Old 11-24-2014, 06:34 PM

SLK55 //AMG R171
It will do whichever you assign the interface (MMI) to do.

If you are connected via bluetooth automatically, you can still plug in your phone to charge it. If you want to stream music via bluetooth, you will set that in the MMI, or if you want to play music DIRECTLY through your phone while it is plugged in, you select that in the MMI as well. Take some time to use the MB manual, the directions are quite helpful within.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:57 AM

GLA-250
I've been working through the manuals..but so far can't find anything about that little cable...that actually looks like an I phone cable and headphone connect. I have to work on this a bit...thanks for the reply. ..salesperson had told us that the in cubby usb was data only and would not charge.....

Celt