GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Please Correct Tire Pressure?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 10:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA250 4MATIC
Please Correct Tire Pressure?

This message came up to correct tire pressure, but the tire pressure is what the manual recommends.

Any ideas?
Old 08-18-2015, 11:48 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
just reset the values; when it gets colder the air pressure in your tires drops
Old 08-28-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLA250 4Matic
That pressure seems close to where my low pressure message came up. I checked the door seal and found the recommended pressure was 44 PSI, seemed high so I bumped it up to 40 PSI cold pressure and the "correct tire pressure" message went away.

Cold weather and time will have the pressure drop but I believe prior to driving/warming up the tires the tire pressure should be what is posted in the door seal.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:04 PM

GLA250 4Matic
My understanding is that the information on the door seal is the range of pressure for the tires. The recommended pressure is on inside of the fuel (gas) flap (door).
Old 08-31-2015, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'15 GLA250 4Matic, '13 GLK 4Matic (wife's), '01 Porsche Boxster S, 1938 Chevrolet Master Town Sedan
I got the same message this weekend on the way to St. Louis. Tire pressures read front 32L/32R, rear 28L/29R. Recommended pressures on gas flap are 32 front / 29 rear. So, message couldn't be for low pressure. Next morning message was still there when pressures were 32 front/29 rear. I decided to reset and see what happened from there.

Reading the manual, the message comes when the pressure deviates sufficiently from the "reference" values. The reference value is what the pressures read when you reset the message.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:52 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
- Does the dash readout matches the actual tire pressure as measured as the valve stem?
- Does the dash readout match the manual or does the tire stem measurement match the manual?

- Is it actually recommended to have the front tires at a higher pressure than the rear? That is the opposite of the GLK we have.

In my experience that warning comes when your pressure is lower by almost 5 PSI from the reference value. There is also an option in the settings to change the reference values.

So my interpretation is that the numbers showing on the screen are deviant from the reference values by 4-5 PSI in some direction. Either the measurement is off, or the reference values in your settings don't match the manual.

It should also be noted that when starting your car, usually the PSI measurements are 3-5 PSI lower than they will be when your tires heat up from continued driving.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:23 AM

'15 GLA250 4Matic, '13 GLK 4Matic (wife's), '01 Porsche Boxster S, 1938 Chevrolet Master Town Sedan
Originally Posted by dwlovell
- Does the dash readout matches the actual tire pressure as measured as the valve stem?
- Does the dash readout match the manual or does the tire stem measurement match the manual?

- Is it actually recommended to have the front tires at a higher pressure than the rear? That is the opposite of the GLK we have.

So my interpretation is that the numbers showing on the screen are deviant from the reference values by 4-5 PSI in some direction. Either the measurement is off, or the reference values in your settings don't match the manual.

It should also be noted that when starting your car, usually the PSI measurements are 3-5 PSI lower than they will be when your tires heat up from continued driving.
1. Dash measurement matches my gauge at the stem exactly.
2. Both dash and stem match the recommended normal tire pressure listed on the gas tank flap sticker.
3. Yes GLA recommends higher front pressure on gas flap. You have to remember that even with 4matic, GLA is primarily front wheel drive, while GLK is primarily rear wheel drive. We have one of each too, by the way.
4. I had never reset the reference point since taking delivery. Since my dash values matched the gas flap, my guess is that the reference point may have been set at a higher level at build, delivery or during my recent "A" service.
5. I am aware of the change in pressure while driving, thus always measure my tire pressures "cold", i.e. after it has sat overnight.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:09 PM

2010 GLK 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Boxster986S
1. Dash measurement matches my gauge at the stem exactly.
2. Both dash and stem match the recommended normal tire pressure listed on the gas tank flap sticker.
3. Yes GLA recommends higher front pressure on gas flap. You have to remember that even with 4matic, GLA is primarily front wheel drive, while GLK is primarily rear wheel drive. We have one of each too, by the way.
4. I had never reset the reference point since taking delivery. Since my dash values matched the gas flap, my guess is that the reference point may have been set at a higher level at build, delivery or during my recent "A" service.
5. I am aware of the change in pressure while driving, thus always measure my tire pressures "cold", i.e. after it has sat overnight.

Sounds strange for sure.

Did you confirm if the "reference" temperatures stored in the car's settings are different from the gas flap? I don't remember if setting the reference temps also shows you what they are currently set to.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by dwlovell
Sounds strange for sure.

Did you confirm if the "reference" temperatures stored in the car's settings are different from the gas flap? I don't remember if setting the reference temps also shows you what they are currently set to.
Yes, I reset the reference value with the tire pressures set to the 33 front / 29 rear value for normal load on the gas flap.

I didn't see any way to read/confirm the reference values after it was set.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 GLA250 4MATIC
The numbers on screen were within the 4 psi rating inside the gas cap.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:55 PM

Cadillac
You can find recommended tire pressure for your MB at www.tirepressure.com