GLA Class (X156) Produced 2013-2020

Fuel door pops open randomly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC 300
Fuel door pops open randomly

Anyone else having the fuel door pop open randomly ?
Old 08-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Where is the key fob when that happens??
Old 08-23-2016, 03:00 PM

2019 GLC 300
Usually either in ignition or in the cars cup holder while in the garage. Car can be on or off.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
The locking and unlocking of the fuel flap is apart of the central locking function and the rear SAM actuates the motor,but something has to signal the SAM to do that---and that is the key fob\ignition module or you have a faulty SAM.

In either case it ain't a DIY---live with the issue or find someone with the diagnostic software to confirm which component!!

PS:does it happen with either key, but in the same location as stated in post 3
Old 08-25-2016, 11:14 PM

2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Plutoe
The locking and unlocking of the fuel flap is apart of the central locking function and the rear SAM actuates the motor,but something has to signal the SAM to do that---and that is the key fob\ignition module or you have a faulty SAM.

In either case it ain't a DIY---live with the issue or find someone with the diagnostic software to confirm which component!!

Haven't used the second key, so don't know. I will try that one and see if it still happens. Weird though since the vehicle doesn't have a fuel door release like some cars do. You simply push in on the fuel door and it releases.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:39 PM

2004 C320 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by davatk
Haven't used the second key, so don't know. I will try that one and see if it still happens. Weird though since the vehicle doesn't have a fuel door release like some cars do. You simply push in on the fuel door and it releases.
recently had this same issue with ours. Was so bad that it wouldn't open the door so car had to be towed to dealer. It's a faulty actuator switch with the fuel door. Dealer replaced is free under warranty
Old 10-25-2016, 03:40 PM

2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by Davis_C320
recently had this same issue with ours. Was so bad that it wouldn't open the door so car had to be towed to dealer. It's a faulty actuator switch with the fuel door. Dealer replaced is free under warranty
Interesting. Others have commented that it requires a firmware update. Mine has will not open via the push method at all now. However if you hit it dead center with the bottom of your fist it will poop open. Mine still randomly pops open. Maybe I will take it to dealer one day.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:13 PM

2004 C320 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by davatk
Interesting. Others have commented that it requires a firmware update. Mine has will not open via the push method at all now. However if you hit it dead center with the bottom of your fist it will poop open. Mine still randomly pops open. Maybe I will take it to dealer one day.
we could only get ours to open with a strong punch to the door and like I said, it wouldn't open at one point so the car needed towed. We also would have the door randomly pop open while driving as well before it got worse. I would definitely take it in and get it replaced. Since we had it done, no issues at all!
Old 02-16-2024, 05:01 PM

2015 CLA C250
Originally Posted by Plutoe

it just started happening to me in my A220. Other forms have said it’s the actuator solenoid.