GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Who will be first...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fj cruiser 2014 GLK250
Who will be first...

Looking forward to seeing who will be first with the new GLK replacement and what they think of it....
Old 07-03-2015, 03:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C240 Sedan, 2016 GLC300
I am waiting the GLC coming out, will be leasing either a GLK or GLC...
from the pictures I like GLK styling more, but the interiors and functionality GLC is a tid better.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:21 PM

Fj cruiser 2014 GLK250
I may have to make a trip once they are released to see one in person before I place my judgement... Mind you I would not buy until a diesel is out (We really love our GLK250)...
Old 07-03-2015, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Escape
It might be me

I've been trying to buy a compact SUV for the last couple months. I gave up on a BMW X3 because of the mediocre seat in the non-MSport models. The Audi Q5 is nice, but it doesn't quite make it for me. When I saw the GLC announcement, my reaction was, "That's the one!".

Based on the promo material and pics, the GLC meets my needs perfectly. It's a nice blend of on-road quality and moderate off-road capability. The features are extensive and the interior is gorgeous. And when I sat in a C300, I was blown away by the comfortable seat. (I have back and knee problems, so a good seat is critical.)

Given that the GLC is based on the C Class and given what I saw when I looked at a C300, it looks to be a spectacular vehicle that is perfect. Right?

Well, maybe... Since the GLC is based on the C Class, I've been spending a lot of time in the C Class forum. And have been totally shocked by what I read. Poor JD Power Initial Quality rating. Wind noise problems. Elecronics problems. On and on. This worries me a lot.

My budget is $60K. I'm ready to buy now. I'm so eager to buy one that I'm willing to order one sight unseen. Or at least I was. Given the issues I've read about in the C Class forum, now I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by Dan_public; 07-04-2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-04-2015, 01:27 PM

Fj cruiser 2014 GLK250
I'll tell you if it's even close to the GLK you will love it, we bought our GLK in Nov 2014 (Ordered in July) and no issues at all (well the adblue issue, fixed same day) Personally I'd like to see the diesel version of it, I've really become attached to our diesel....

Originally Posted by Dan_public
I've been trying to buy a compact SUV for the last couple months. I gave up on a BMW X3 because of the mediocre seat in the non-MSport models. The Audi Q5 is nice, but it doesn't quite make it for me. When I saw the GLC announcement, my reaction was, "That's the one!".

Based on the promo material and pics, the GLC meets my needs perfectly. It's a nice blend of on-road quality and moderate off-road capability. The features are extensive and the interior is gorgeous. And when I sat in a C300, I was blown away by the comfortable seat. (I have back and knee problems, so a good seat is critical.)

Given that the GLC is based on the C Class and given what I saw when I looked at a C300, it looks to be a spectacular vehicle that is perfect. Right?

Well, maybe... Since the GLC is based on the C Class, I've been spending a lot of time in the C Class forum. And have been totally shocked by what I read. Poor JD Power Initial Quality rating. Wind noise problems. Elecronics problems. On and on. This worries me a lot.

My budget is $60K. I'm ready to buy now. I'm so eager to buy one that I'm willing to order one sight unseen. Or at least I was. Given the issues I've read about in the C Class forum, now I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Danl
Old 07-04-2015, 11:51 PM

Ford Escape
Cwdawson,

If the fit and finish, and features are similar to the C300, I know I'll like it. However, my concern is the quality control.

Browse through the C Class forum and you'll see a huge number of complaints about quality control. Apparently it is mostly related to cars built in the Alabama plant. I.e. manufacturing problems rather than design issues. And, given that the GLC is based on the C Class platform, the GLC will mostly likely be built in the same plant.

I hope MB has their GLC act together by November. Brand new models typically have teething problems. I hope it's not my teeth that are doing the gnashing.

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by Dan_public; 07-05-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:57 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
2022 GLC300 white, 2021 Taycan RWD silver
Dan, I've had my new GLK about a month. I was going to wait for the GLC, but had a 2013 GLK which I really liked so leased another for two years. I'll probably get the GLC after the bugs are worked out. One reason I made the switch now, I have reservations about going from a 302 hp 6 to a 240 hp 4. The GLK is also about 85% German. The new model price premium should be gone in two years, also.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Cwdawson,

If the fit and finish, and features are similar to the C300, I know I'll like it. However, my concern is the quality control.

Browse through the C Class forum and you'll see a huge number of complaints about quality control. Apparently it is mostly related to cars built in the Alabama plant. I.e. manufacturing problems rather than design issues. And, given that the GLC is based on the C Class platform, the GLC will mostly likely be built in the same plant.

I hope MB has their GLC act together by November. Brand new models typically have teething problems. I hope it's not my teeth that are doing the gnashing.

Regards,

Dan.

The GLC is being built in Germany, not the U.S.

M
Old 07-08-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)

Thoughts?

Regards,

Dan.
I have a new C300 and love it. This is my third MB and by FAR my favorite so far. The consensus from a lot of users is that the minority of users with problems complain the loudest. I'd recommend the C to anyone.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:57 PM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by Germancar1
The GLC is being built in Germany, not the U.S.

M
M,

I sincerely hope you're right. That will probably lengthen the lead time to get one, but also improve the quality control.

Regards,

Dan.

Last edited by Dan_public; 07-08-2015 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:13 PM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by BlackjackM
I have a new C300 and love it. This is my third MB and by FAR my favorite so far. The consensus from a lot of users is that the minority of users with problems complain the loudest. I'd recommend the C to anyone.
Blackjack,

I've had one MB before - a 1976 280 W114, if memory serves. Frankly, it was noisy and had rattles. But that was then.

That people with problems complaining the loudest is normal regardless of product. It's human nature. I typically don't worry about random complaints in a forum. However there seem to some consistent trends, especially with wind noise and the JD Power survey rated it poorly.

I have to make my own judgment. If I can order one and be assured that I can get my deposit back completely, I'm willing to take the chance and pre-order. That said...

As I mentioned above, mine will be pretty much fully optioned out - probably $60K or above. It's probably not what most people will buy which would make it difficult for the dealer to sell. I haven't asked my sales rep yet. We'll see what he says.

Regards,

Dan.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 GLK250BT, Polar White; 2016 GLE 300d, Polar White
Originally Posted by Sivanevets
I am waiting the GLC coming out, will be leasing either a GLK or GLC...
from the pictures I like GLK styling more, but the interiors and functionality GLC is a tid better.
My plan in to wait until November and test drive whatever is available. After that if I like her ( the way I like our current 2014GLK250) wait again until they start accept orders on diesel version, hopefully early in 2016 , and probably to do ED close to summer 2016. I did not want V6 gasoline and do not want new V4 gasoline either. Current version of Diesel engine is fine with me.
I was so pleased with my trip to Germany in the summer 2013 and first class service and nice discount without any negotiations, so I will do it again.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
'85 190D , '12 E350 BlueTec, '13 GLK 250 BlueTec
Originally Posted by Alex Bel
I was so pleased with my trip to Germany in the summer 2013 and first class service and nice discount without any negotiations, so I will do it again.
I'll have one there May, 2016. I'll expect the diesels to be available by then.
Old 07-11-2015, 04:50 PM

2013 GLK250 Bluetec
I hoping for German built as well. Given the GLK is the MB "bread and butter" suv so to speak given it's huge popularity and high sales numbers i think regardless of where it's built the quality control will be tight - they don't want to produce a dud and have waves of owners move away, the fall out would be massive financially.

That being said we've all seen it before, so I'm letting first year go by i hate to be the beta tester for new models.... besides i'm hooked on diesel...

I can't wait to sit in one...
Old 07-19-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
I moved from a 2012 pre facelift glk to a c class estate this may. The glk was faultless but there was a diesel injector recall.

Comparing build quality the two cars are the same both are well built but the c class has a higher quality feel and from what i have seen the glc follows that. I have had 1 issue on the c class with a seat back coming loose rapidly and easily fixed by the dealer, probably bad luck in getting the robotic glue gun which was running out as our seat back was made.....

There is more crosswind noise audible in the c but overall the c is quieter so that alone may make the wind noise more audible it is definately not a seal issue in my car, however in certain conditions the glk also suffered from wind noise.

The keyless go can be heard hunting for the key but the chirping noise is very light and not intrusive frankly it is simply not an issue just 1 of many noises the car makes as it heats up cools down etc etc.......these cars are high tech and systems cut in and out at various stages and on occasion you may hear servos and solenoids. The glk also sighed and hissed....

I feel the new c has moved forward and that the glc will be a big improvement on the glk a car i loved. I missed the load lenght of an estate which is why i bought an estate but the glc is making me wish i had stuck with an suv but maybe next time.

I have followed the w205 thread for ages and in all honesty i now wonder if there is some organised negativity going on or if people have unrealistic expectations. The one issue which did merit concern was the mb tex (artico in europe) where the seat material leeched plasticizer a us only problem identified and rectified. Dont let the thread worry you test drive the car and decide then. so far apart from being sad not to have my glk i love the c and after 3750km and 9 weeks i am still very happy.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:46 AM

W205 C 200 4Matic AMG line
My dad placed an order yesterday the same time I ordered my C200.

Estimated delivery would be in early November, but as my parents are going to be abroad, they’ll get the car in the beginning of January. The car was on display here in Finland last weekend during a rally event and we had a change to sit in the car. Looks as nice as in pictures, no unpleasant surprises except the backseats don’t fold completely flat. Plenty of room for tall persons in the back seat. The dealers here will get their cars in mid-September.

My dad’s car will be a Polarwhite 250 d Premium Exclusive with quite a lot of extras.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:34 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 C8, 2020 defender 110X, 2019 720S, 2014 GLK 350 4matic, 2015 escalade platinum, 2013 RRS HSELux
Who will be first...

I wished I would have opted for a fully loaded GLK350 when I bought but it is a 17th birthday present for my daughter hence only opted for P1 and P2 and multimedia package. Ordering the distronic package would take weeks or a few months. Since it's not easily available in dealers and would be a preorder. Settled for a new glk in lot with sticker of $48.5. That would be a perfect closure for the glk before the GLC comes.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
I had been looking at the Audi Q5's as I do not like the look of the GLK's but the new GLC 300's look very nice. Kinda disappointed that in the engine size availability from the outset (I realize an AMG version is in the works) but I'm definitely going to drive on when available. I have an X6 now and my lease is up early Q1 '16 so I'm narrowing my search.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:48 PM

Ford Escape
I ordered mine yesterday. That is, I tried. The MB ordering system was down both yesterday and today. The order can't be entered yet.

This becomes an issue because the Airmatic suspension has "delayed availability". We'll see what happens.

Dan.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:14 PM

Mercedes W205 C180 Amg, Mercedes X205 GLC250 4MATIC Exclusive
i have given my order for end of october delivery GLC250 4 matic
exterior white interior espresso braun
Old 08-21-2015, 04:26 PM

there are many delayed availabilty options for GLC.
leather dashboard we had problem for few days,but it is solved. i gave my order 31th of july
Old 10-12-2015, 07:38 AM

I ordered mine yesterday. That is, I tried. The MB ordering system was down both yesterday and today. The order can't be entered yet.

This becomes an issue because the Airmatic suspension has "delayed availability". We'll see what happens.

Dan.
Have you recieved your car?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:56 AM

Ford Escape
Originally Posted by ardadoruk83
Have you recieved your car?
No. It's due in early January, probably because of the air suspension option.

Regards,

Dan.