GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order

Old 12-23-2015, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Steven Jacobian
@rbrylaw,

Unfortunately you are overlooking the fact that you probably have been a great customer at the shop you traded in and bought your GLC. As your previous post mentions, you agreed a long-term relationship and bringing the maintenance needs and billa-bles to the shop is very important.

In numbers, 10% is absolutely better than 5-6%. But again, you are not controlling the fact that your stellar record of being a good customer is a huge factor there.

In addition, the dealership you have business with ate up your remaining payments. This attests to the fact that you are an outlier in the distribution of customers.
All true. But one forum member has already contacted my salesman at my dealer and he managed to get a 10% off MSRP offer. I think they're just working out shipping the car north. Something to think about........
Old 12-23-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
@rbrylaw,

You sound a lot like a salesperson from Tampa.
You reference and PM also sound a lot like a party of interest advertising the Tampa shop. Hmmm

Anyway, if you are talking about RRrocco, he ended up NOT ORDERING from your pals.

Not everyone here is subject to your suggestibility.

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
All true. But one forum member has already contacted my salesman at my dealer and he managed to get a 10% off MSRP offer. I think they're just working out shipping the car north. Something to think about........
Old 12-23-2015, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

@rbrylaw,

You sound a lot like a salesperson from Tampa.
You reference and PM also sound a lot like a party of interest advertising the Tampa shop. Hmmm

Anyway, if you are talking about RRrocco, he ended up NOT ORDERING from your pals.

Not everyone here is subject to your suggestibility.
Wow......I was just trying to help people get a better price. I'm an IT recruiter and get nothing more than exceptional service from my local dealer.

I'll bow out of this convo though.......

Last edited by rbrylaw; 12-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:14 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
I'm a first time MB buyer...I know on the BMW side, they don't negotiate very much. I'm not the type of person who has to have the best deal but some people are very competitive that way and that's fine too. I'm more concerned about how the dealer treats me after the purchase and for service etc.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:22 PM

GLC 300
@rbrylaw,

You will bow out of this convo because you know your "help" doesn't make sense.

99% dealers have both sales and maintenance shop together.
You are telling people somebody in FL is willing to cut a 10% off MSRP deal to, say somebody in Boston. He or she will probably end up going to shops in Boston, Burlington, Natick, or else where.

So what does the Tampa dealer gain from this? A one-time buy without any prospects of maintenance needs from the customer. And he still cuts the deal for 10%? Just believing your words on it?

YES there are too good to be true deals, but also NO when the market reaches an equilibrium price on a new model like GLC300, 10% off just-call-up your Tampa guy is making a noise and disseminating misinformation. I signed up for this forum to make an informed decision and distribute sound and verifiable information not eavesdrop.

So just suggesting people to go beyond your comfort zone and THINK ABOUT ORDERING FROM TAMPA doesn't quite cut it as you are trying to HELP people here. More like creating mis-signals and noise, putting consumers into puzzles.

That being said, I operate based on extensive research on my own with data, numbers, calling up, and face-to-face visits. My sample could be unrepresentative of the entire MBUSA GLC300 makret and pricing now, but at least it is verifiable and is based on hard numbers.

So bow out all you want, but please please do not make us subject to your suggestibility of go-out-of-your-state to get a good deal. No MB shops ever cut a great deal with the prospects of losing you to somewhere 16hr drive away from the original point of sales. Period.

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Wow......I'm was just trying to help people get a better price. I'm an IT recruiter and get nothing more than exceptional service from my local dealer.

I'll bow out of this convo though.......

Last edited by Steven Jacobian; 12-23-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

@rbrylaw,

You will bow out of this convo because you know your "help" doesn't make sense.

99% dealers have both sales and maintenance shop together.
You are telling people somebody in FL is willing to cut a 10% off MSRP deal to, say somebody in Boston. He or she will probably end up going to shops in Boston, Burlington, Natick, or else where.

So what does the Tampa dealer gain from this? A one-time buy without any prospects of maintenance needs from the customer. And he still cuts the deal for 10%? Just believing your words on it?

YES there are too good to be true deals, but also NO when the market reaches an equilibrium price on a new model like GLC300, 10% off just-call-up your Tampa guy is making a noise and disseminating misinformation. I signed up for this forum to make an informed decision and distribute sound and verifiable information not eavesdrop.

So just suggesting people to go beyond your comfort zone and THINK ABOUT ORDERING FROM TAMPA doesn't quite cut it as you are trying to HELP people here. More like creating mis-signals and noise, putting consumers into puzzles.

That being said, I operate based on extensive research on my own with data, numbers, calling up, and face-to-face visits. My sample could be unrepresentative of the entire MBUSA GLC300 makret and pricing now, but at least it is verifiable and is based on hard numbers.

So bow out all you want, but please please do not make us subject to your suggestibility of go-out-of-your-state to get a good deal. No MB shops ever cut a great deal without the prospects of losing you to somewhere 16hr drive away from the original point of sales. Period.

It's wonderful you are such an authority on this. Maybe people can make their own decision where to purchase their car and if they can get a better deal, good for them. I really don't know why you've taken this to such a negative level, but I will just ignore you from now on.
The following users liked this post:
GLKpaul (01-02-2017)
Old 12-23-2015, 04:08 PM

2016 GLC 300
Final Price

Earlier I posted that my first offer from the dealer was MSRP - 5% on a $59,000 dollar build. We signed off on a deal a little over - 6% or $ 3,571 off MSRP and all weather mats. Tinting I get at cost as well as cargo mat at cost. After reading some of the prices quoted, as a first time MB buyer I felt the dealer was more than fair under the circumstances and more representative of what is available at this time on the GLC. I base this on my visits and talks with 5 MB dealerships from Seattle to Portland. I would anticipate the deals will get better with time. Thanks for the info and Good Luck in negotiating for your GLC.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:01 AM

Acura tsx
@veera369

Where are you located?
10% with fleet?
Great job! Congrats.
Wonder if there were any other perks.

Located in Boston. MSRP was $45k, I don't qualify for fleet program. I didn't trade in any vehicle. Will post the pics soon.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 BMW 435i Coupe
All,

I been using forums to buy my last two cars (both were BMWs) and it has helped me to find what the "market rate" of new cars. I know discount varies across different geographic markets. This post will gives me a good idea what other markets are paying for the cars. The buyer can come up with his/her own analysis to see if it is worth it to buy a car that is 3,000 miles away to save a few $$$. Keep the numbers coming everyone. Thank you.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
I respect some of the more recent posts/replies here - that to me show a "balanced" outlook for GLC pricing for 1st adopters.

Represents a mature outlook for long term brand satisfaction ...

One of the "facts: not brought up so far - for the features, "luxury", and drive-ability - no one has mentioned anything better out there for the same or less less - which says a lot !

Since "value" is measured in one respect - in comparison to value if equivalent dollars were spent on a competitive offering.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
Hi all, so I just put down a deposit for an order with a dealer in NC. Right now I'm looking at 6% discount off of MSRP. This comes as $700 over invoice minus the $1000 USAA incentive, netting out to $300 under invoice. Current build is MSRP at $53,590 and my pricing at $50,344. Would anyone mind sharing (PM) dealers who you've worked with that would potentially give a better discount? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2015, 12:32 PM

08 C300
Does anyone know if the discounts you are getting can be combined with the European delivery program once available ( supposed 7% discount and no delivery fee)?
Old 12-29-2015, 02:54 PM

Not applicable
Hello all, I went to test drive GLC in Christmas weekend and dealer said very few inventories in this area as this car is "hot" (yeah, we all know that kind of wording from dealer).

Not sure if anyone can share recent purchase (or negotiation) experience in San Francisco Bay Area?

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2015, 07:32 PM

C300
Quick update - thanks to this forum I was able to go back a negotiate a bit more. Ended up finding another dealer in central NC that would do 1500 under invoice for an order before applying the USAA incentive. Original dealer then offered to match. So net $2500 under invoice.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:29 PM

honda
Hello lin8810, in sacramento if you have a costco membership, you can get the car for invoice+$500. I think it s roughly 5% off MSRP.
I did e mail mercedes benz in san francisco who also accept costco discount but they want me to go there, show them my costco card and then they will tell me the deal. I m not sure if every dealer give you the same deal.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:10 AM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
2017 CLS550
Here is my story with my 2012 ML350. I wanted an SUV and did my research on various websites and car magazines. I then went to an auto show where I could look at all of them without sales pressure. I finally decided I wanted the ML and it all depended at that point if I was impressed with the test drive - I was. I live in the sticks and there is only one MB dealer within 140 miles of me. They do not deal because there is no competition (which I believe is the number one factor in getting a deal or not). I sent emails to several internet managers at all the dealerships within 200 miles of my home. I told them what I wanted as to colors and options. One guy wrote back saying he could trade one of his dealership cars just coming off the assembly line with one coming off line just like I wanted that was suppose to go to a Boston dealership. It was indeed just what I was looking for and he said it would be sent here to Texas instead of Boston within two weeks if I wanted it.

Make a long story short, I negotiated 9% off sticker with only the conquest incentive and no trade-in. Two weeks later the car arrived. When we went to pick it up was the first time I ever saw the dealership or the internet manager. Could I have done better going back and forth with face to face negotiations and pitting one dealer against another? Maybe, maybe not. But that I was able to do everything from my home without worrying about the travel and time factors, (not to mention no down payment) meant a whole lot to me.

As far as I am concerned and considering where I live, it makes no sense whatsoever traveling all those distances to shop at different dealerships and try to negotiate face to face, especially since none of them will ever have the exact car you want in stock. Test drive locally but buy from the internet managers based on availability and negotiate price over the phone or by email. However, I always get my maintenance done at the local dealer and they always treat me very well. They come out to my house (40 miles one way), pick up the car for service and leave a loaner. The car is returned all washed and clean. I tip the driver nicely and he remembers me the next time. So I don't think it makes a bit of difference where you buy the car in terms of getting reliable service. I hope to repeat this good experience when my warranty expires in May and I go shopping again.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:48 PM

GLC 300
In south cal, i have been price shopping via Internet Managers at various dealerships. I am able to get 9 to 10 % off just though an email query.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:58 PM

honda
Originally Posted by abhayms
In south cal, i have been price shopping via Internet Managers at various dealerships. I am able to get 9 to 10 % off just though an email query.
Do you mind telling us which dealership? San Diego area? Los Angeles area?
10% I will fly to get the car, it s a nice deal.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:31 AM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
On an Order or In stock?
Old 12-31-2015, 10:37 AM

GLC 300
Originally Posted by BigDeeLA
On an Order or In stock?
In-stock at the dealers
Old 12-31-2015, 11:15 AM

honda
In-stock at the dealers
Which dealer if you don t mind?
Old 12-31-2015, 03:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I am also in the LA area and interested in the GLC, would love to know which dealer would be willing to do a deal.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts
--
I have no idea why anyone on here isn't rushing to close a deal under invoice if it's offered there. Dont waste your time talking about the deal you were offered. Post pics and details after you close. This is a ground up, brand new vehicle. Best in class, as well. Any dealer offering it there to you, out of the gate, with little or no negotiation, is dumb as sh*t.

Offer under invoice to an out of state buyer who has no loyalty to you? Hell even in state, dumb dumb dumb. (unless, I suppose, they are lending to you at sub prime rates). Take advantage of that if it is, in fact, an actual offer.

I shot one of the dealers an email someone PM'd to me and no response whatsoever, for whatever that's worth. I'm theoretically someone you should want to sell cars to. Knows exactly what they want. Can close the deal a number of ways. Wiling to act immediately. And I'm closing on a GLC and GLS550 in the next 90-120 days. If you're a dealer and knowing all those facts you choose to wind me when I reach out to you, your offer prob isn't legitimate, I've found. Might end up being the case for some of you if you come across a killer offer. Hopefully not though

Last edited by bonboon; 01-01-2016 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:48 PM

2016 GLCC 4Matic and 2005 C240 4Matic, sold 2003 C230 4Matic and traded 2002 C230 4Matic
1st ever forum and 1st ever post so please be kind. Looking for advice re: GLC purchase/pricing/discount in Boston, MA area (as far north as ME). Longtime MB Owner (3 different C sedans) haven't bought a car since 2004 so quite rusty. Definitely moving up to an SUV and definitely a GLC (briefly considered the usual suspect European luxury brands/comps but eliminated each in turn).

Here's my data points:

There are several GLCs on local lots that I'd find acceptable (4Matic, heated front seats, rearview mirror, pano-roof are musts) at roughly the $47K MSRP price point. However, presently have/love Lighting Package (and I think worth the $), but not many seem to be on lot & not sure I want to wait or custom build ($$). Never had Multimedia - is it worth the $? Haven't had a new car since passive or active driver assist/safety packages would love 'em but quite costly (and not many presently on dealer lots here unless move up to various Sport/Appearance/Interior etc packages that not seem worthwhile (at least to me, no offense intended to you guys who require 'em). Looks like advertising going to ramp up here now, but I honestly have been looking/watching/waiting for this car since it was 1st announced. I've seen in showroom (and 1 in suburbia) but not yet driven. Only concern is rear window visibility - both straight out and down-isn for city or valet backing into parking spaces (I've owned the original Saab ragtop for many years and that limited, albeit glass, back window situation took much getting used to). City, suburb and highway driver, but only 5-7K miles/annum these days. I'm cash buyer, never lease or borrow. (Unless, there's a rare way to use a financing to my full advantage i.e., significantly better overall price AND I can pre-pay in full without penalty within first month or so).

So, with those data points ... I'd appreciate any advice you frequent or recent buyers might have regarding any pricing, discount aspect. Especially if you are in the Boston, or northern New England (including RI, Cape Cod, west of Boston) area, and including your dealer/salesperson recommendations. I have a longstanding service relationship with a local MB Dealer but not yet found a salesperson there I can trust for this purpose, so am willing to consider all options.

Sorry for Newbie post & TMI but I am on information overload from this terrific forum so thought if I provided some specifics, someone out there may be willing & able to better advise me. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-02-2016, 07:02 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 BMW 230ix convertible, 2018 GLC300
Originally Posted by CharlestownMB
1st ever forum and 1st ever post so please be kind. Looking for advice re: GLC purchase/pricing/discount in Boston, MA area (as far north as ME). Longtime MB Owner (3 different C sedans) haven't bought a car since 2004 so quite rusty. Definitely moving up to an SUV and definitely a GLC (briefly considered the usual suspect European luxury brands/comps but eliminated each in turn).

Here's my data points:

There are several GLCs on local lots that I'd find acceptable (4Matic, heated front seats, rearview mirror, pano-roof are musts) at roughly the $47K MSRP price point. However, presently have/love Lighting Package (and I think worth the $), but not many seem to be on lot & not sure I want to wait or custom build ($$). Never had Multimedia - is it worth the $? Haven't had a new car since passive or active driver assist/safety packages would love 'em but quite costly (and not many presently on dealer lots here unless move up to various Sport/Appearance/Interior etc packages that not seem worthwhile (at least to me, no offense intended to you guys who require 'em). Looks like advertising going to ramp up here now, but I honestly have been looking/watching/waiting for this car since it was 1st announced. I've seen in showroom (and 1 in suburbia) but not yet driven. Only concern is rear window visibility - both straight out and down-isn for city or valet backing into parking spaces (I've owned the original Saab ragtop for many years and that limited, albeit glass, back window situation took much getting used to). City, suburb and highway driver, but only 5-7K miles/annum these days. I'm cash buyer, never lease or borrow. (Unless, there's a rare way to use a financing to my full advantage i.e., significantly better overall price AND I can pre-pay in full without penalty within first month or so).

So, with those data points ... I'd appreciate any advice you frequent or recent buyers might have regarding any pricing, discount aspect. Especially if you are in the Boston, or northern New England (including RI, Cape Cod, west of Boston) area, and including your dealer/salesperson recommendations. I have a longstanding service relationship with a local MB Dealer but not yet found a salesperson there I can trust for this purpose, so am willing to consider all options.

Sorry for Newbie post & TMI but I am on information overload from this terrific forum so thought if I provided some specifics, someone out there may be willing & able to better advise me. Thanks in advance!
You can go to autotraders.com to find the GLC you want within so many miles of your zip code. Don't settle for a car that is missing the features you want. You will regret it. The lighting package is a must. I wouldn't get a car without it. Good luck with your hunt for the right car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order