GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Old 01-08-2016, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not applicable
Originally Posted by abhayms
In south cal, i have been price shopping via Internet Managers at various dealerships. I am able to get 9 to 10 % off just though an email query.
That's really awesome. I am in San Francisco bay area and also did price shopping via internet. Some dealers said we can talk when I am ready to place an order. Only one dealer returned e-mail with a number: 3%

I doubt if I can get 9% or above even when I really place an order...
Old 01-09-2016, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tesla Model 3, BMW X5 (potentially being replaced by a GLC300)
My experience

I want to start the post thanking many that have submitted information before me - that helped a lot on my negotiation and hope this post here will help others.
I live in Miami-FL are and was looking for a GLC300 4matic - that created the first problem as the initial inventory sent to FL was only RWD so the dealer located a unit going to Tennessee that had most of things I wanted (silver, black leather interior, black wood finish, navigation and blind spot warning); it didn't have a few items I wanted like the lighting package but I decided for it with the promise it would arrive before Thanksgiving. I paid the deposit on Oct 24 and start to make follow up close to the target date. Received a notification the sales consultant had changed and when contacted the new one, he couldn't find my car - later he discovered the TN dealer sold it, so they located a similar (only thing missing was the black ash wood) but now ETA was early December. The car finally arrived US on Dec 18 but then started a period where they couldn't explain why the car was not being even transferred to inventory - cutting a bit the story, we sat for negotiation on Dec 31.

Using the element that we were very annoyed with the delay and had been loyal customers of that dealer on services and even tires (yes!), here's the deal we got on a $50,825 MSRP: $3,000 discount +$1,000 MB fleet program +2,500 on financial costs on the leasing. The final deal was $670/month on a 36 month (12k miles/year) lease, with $3,000 of the trade in going into the lease and the balance coming as cash.

Let me know if I can help anyone as much as I was helped by the community here.
Old 01-10-2016, 08:30 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2020 C8, 2020 defender 110X, 2019 720S, 2014 GLK 350 4matic, 2015 escalade platinum, 2013 RRS HSELux
The best transaction is when you don't have to pay cash.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by sblvro
The best transaction is when you don't have to pay cash.
Unless you're paying cash for the car!
Old 01-11-2016, 12:34 PM

GLC300 4matic
Forum newbie here. We purchased our GLC300 4matic at a dealership just outside Boston, MA on Dec 31. Excluding our trade-in vehicle, we got approx 9% off a MSRP $46k+ vehicle with 5 year MB financing at 2.99%. We have no prior relationship to the salesman or dealership. Just walked in and told them if we got a good price and my wife liked the test drive (its hers) we will buy it right away. Their first offer was invoice + $500. We made our counter offer and told them that if we didn't get the GLC, we were off to Lexus to buy a 2016 RX350.

Knowing it was last day of the year, maybe we should have asked for more discount?
Old 01-11-2016, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by GLCer
Forum newbie here. We purchased our GLC300 4matic at a dealership just outside Boston, MA on Dec 31. Excluding our trade-in vehicle, we got approx 9% off a MSRP $46k+ vehicle with 5 year MB financing at 2.99%. We have no prior relationship to the salesman or dealership. Just walked in and told them if we got a good price and my wife liked the test drive (its hers) we will buy it right away. Their first offer was invoice + $500. We made our counter offer and told them that if we didn't get the GLC, we were off to Lexus to buy a 2016 RX350.

Knowing it was last day of the year, maybe we should have asked for more discount?
You did very well and you should be happy with your deal. I hope your GLC serves you well in happiness and health. Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 01-11-2016, 06:33 PM

GLC300 4matic
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
You did very well and you should be happy with your deal. I hope your GLC serves you well in happiness and health. Pics or it didn't happen!
It surely happened but we have some small issues right now and it's back at the dealership.. Look at my other post in the GLC forum.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:02 PM

GLC300
JUST GOT MINE!!

I just got a GLC this past friday!

It has the premium pkg, sports pkg, multimedia pkg, and panoramic sunroof. Black ext with black interior... Its nice!!!

It was a cash deal and got 9% off msrp... (MBEscondido in SoCal) Did all my negotiating with a couple of dealers via email and texts... I really think its much better than actually going to visit in person but well thats just me...
Attached Thumbnails Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order-img_0750.jpg   Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order-img_0751.jpg  
Old 01-16-2016, 11:05 PM

2016 C400 4Matic
Originally Posted by internizzi
Pazbien, I am in NYC and got about 8% (including fleet discount $1,000). When I did the calc, without fleet, the price of car was about $500 below invoice.
I think it really depends on which dealers trying to move cars before year end. Similar to you, I've been to other dealerships in the area who offered $500/$1,000 off MSRP.
Am happy to share my dealer info if you want (PM me).
Hi I'm in Queens can you please PM me your dealer info?

thanks in advance! BTW can I mention your name to further secure the deal?
Old 01-22-2016, 02:37 PM

Not applicable
Got a question on customized build.

I went to a local dealer and had a GLC300 4-Matic test drive in Christmas weekend. Then I had some e-mail back and forth with their internet sales manager. I sent him the configuration I prefer and asked for his best price quote.

But I don't know why, he keep sending me some his suggested configurations in MSRP and won't say anything about the price quote. Even in the bottom he said M.Benz USA reserve rights to change the price without any notice....balabala.

Did I do anything wrong and why I just can't get a simple price quote for my build?

Do I need to tell him very clearly like "I will pull the trigger if a good price"? Otherwise sales guy won't provide price quote to customer? Any suggestions?

ps. never owned Mercedes before. If my question is stupid, I apologize in advance....

Last edited by lin8810; 01-22-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:13 PM

GLC300 4matic
Originally Posted by lin8810
I sent him the configuration I prefer and asked for his best price quote. But I don't know why, he keep sending me some his suggested configurations in MSRP and won't say anything about the price quote
My experience is you normally get better deals if you choose a vehicle in their inventory. He is probably trying to steer you towards what he has in stock but you just have to tell him you are not interested.

Originally Posted by lin8810
Do I need to tell him very clearly like "I will pull the trigger if a good price"?
It always helps if you show intentions of a serious buyer and are prepared to close the deal if price is right... but everyone shops differently.. maybe visit the next nearest dealer if you are not happy with this one?
Old 01-23-2016, 12:26 PM

C Class
GLC Lease pricing

So I'm about to step out of a 2 year lease from my 2014 C Class and would like to step into the new GLC. Does anyone have any pointers for how to get the best deal with a low down payment(If any at all) on the GLC? I like it with either the sport or night package and the panorama roof. I also have auto pay already for my C Class.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:59 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
I wouldn't put any down payment on a lease. I put a deposit on mine because it was a special order but in general, down payments on a lease are not a good idea.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:37 PM

C Class
I agree Joe, and don't really want to at all. I'm somewhat surprised that that would even be floated out there being that I'm getting out of one of their cars into another, but they keep quoting me monthly payments with 3500 or 5000 down. That's just money out of my pocket for no reason. I definitely will not be purchasing at the end of this new lease, just as I'm not purchasing now.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:48 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
Originally Posted by Ironman Stark
So I'm about to step out of a 2 year lease from my 2014 C Class and would like to step into the new GLC. Does anyone have any pointers for how to get the best deal with a low down payment(If any at all) on the GLC? I like it with either the sport or night package and the panorama roof. I also have auto pay already for my C Class.
A lot of factors come into play. First of all what region are you in. Markets like SoCal are very competitive. I got 10% off an Ordered GLC with ZERO deposit. There plenty of dealers, even though some said they don't do discounts on ordered car (Onxard) at least 5 were willing to go 10 on an ordered car and based on your credit and history with MBF or dealer, honor the base money factor at the time of delivery.

Don't waste time going into dealers. Use exactly what you're using right now, the Internet and start from 8,9,10% and tell them you ONLY want to order, that's unless you actually like something you see in their online inventory... But if you don't, start that way then when others start replying let them know you serious.. It does help if you are already currently leasing a MB and you mention that and you're coming up to the end of the lease because they want to try to earn your business.

But again.. A lot depends on what region you are in. SoCal is the most competitive market in the US with MB.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:55 PM

C Class
Thanks Big-

I'm in the DC region. DMV as it's referred to. There are a few dealerships around here and I'm not interested in going back to the one I got my C Class from if possible, so I've gone to two different MB dealers in the area thus far. I will look into ordering as opposed to whats on the lot if that makes more sense as you suggest.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 BMW X6 - Soon to be GLC300 4M
they keep quoting me monthly payments with 3500 or 5000 down.
It's a selling ploy so the monthly payment looks very attractive hoping you'll overlook the up front cost. Kinda reminds me of Gilbert Gottfried BHC II - watch from 0:50 to 1:30

Old 01-23-2016, 02:24 PM

C Class
Haha JEVA,

You're right about that. That's just more money in their pockets and less in mine. I don't know why they think that folks don't see right through that. Especially being that we lease via MB finance already. I'm not interested in a down payment. Of course I'd like to keep my monthly payments low, but I'd be willing to pay a little more if I didn't have to put down grands up front. I also heard there was a small price break for those who lease via MB already and have auto pay.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:25 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Thanks Big-

I'm in the DC region. DMV as it's referred to. There are a few dealerships around here and I'm not interested in going back to the one I got my C Class from if possible, so I've gone to two different MB dealers in the area thus far. I will look into ordering as opposed to whats on the lot if that makes more sense as you suggest.
Talk to the Internet managers for all the dealers within 100 miles if you in the DMV and work it that way. Tell them you want to order. Hardly any carry the night package in stock. And tell them you have seen others get 8,9,10% on and order and you wouldn't feel right to take less then that.. Plus if you have the credit that you expect the base money factor at time of delivery. You don't want any hidden fees or surprises or you will walk away.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:42 PM

C Class
Got it. I appreciate the insight guys. Will definitely keep you updated...
Old 01-23-2016, 02:45 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Haha JEVA,

You're right about that. That's just more money in their pockets and less in mine. I don't know why they think that folks don't see right through that. Especially being that we lease via MB finance already. I'm not interested in a down payment. Of course I'd like to keep my monthly payments low, but I'd be willing to pay a little more if I didn't have to put down grands up front. I also heard there was a small price break for those who lease via MB already and have auto pay.
With leasing in general there are 2 main variables that matter the most. The money factor (buy rate) and the selling price. The best way to lease from MB (if you have good Teir 1 credit, and especially if you are returning customer to MBF)..... Is to get the best discount you can get. Then tell them ahead since you are Teir 1 and resturning customer you Expect the base rate money factor and not an inflated one. Go after the discount first. Make them agree on that. Once they agree on discount THEN you tell them what you expect with money factor. Do you research and know the current money factor for the month. This month is .00166 and with autopay dropped down to .00156 ....

If you are ordering you tell them you expect the money factor and residual set by the bank at the time of delivery. Meaning when your car arrives months later whatever that money factor for that month is.

Once you got those 2 things your in a win win.. Then it's best to pay drive off cost like Acq fee, doc fee, first month etc etc ... Pay all that when you drive off with the car. Makes payment cheaper. Better then putting a down payment to make the payment cheaper. Always be in control of the deal on your terms. If you are tier 1 and especially a returning customer you have a lot of leverage compared to someone with so-so or bad credit.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:50 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Got it. I appreciate the insight guys. Will definitely keep you updated...
Tell them you don't want their down payment quotes. That's a way to hide profit. Start with a discount off the MSRP.... Once you get that... You can bring that back here and then using the base money factor I'll tell you what your payments SHOULD be... Assuming you are willing to pay Acq fee, doc fee, Dmv fee, first month etc when you drive off.

Then you will know if they are adding cost. Get the discount off MSRP. The Negociated price first before anything.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:51 PM

C Class
Got it Big,

I'll be equipped now when I speak with them further. One question; how do I know what the current money factor is for each month? Is there a place where I can locate that? Thanks for your advice.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:56 PM

C Class
Cool my man. That works. I definitely will pay those fees before driving off. Thank you
Old 01-23-2016, 02:57 PM

2014 Mercedes E Class
Got it Big,

I'll be equipped now when I speak with them further. One question; how do I know what the current money factor is for each month? Is there a place where I can locate that? Thanks for your advice.
You can usually search google or Edmunds.com has them.. But if you buying this month it's .00166 and autopay brings it to .00156 ... It might stay that way for a while if anything it will drop before it rises.. MB is going to start trying to sell more and more of these cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Quick Reply: Price Negotiation for either In-Stock or Custom Order