Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 02:45 PM
hoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300 4Matic
Newbie on Easy Entry and Perimeter Lighting

Hi, All,
Glad to join the family. Just took delivery of a Polar White/Black GLC300W with Keyless-Go.
Absolutely loving it.
Two things I want to make sure my car is functioning normally:

1. Easy Entry/Exit: Only the steering wheel tilts up and the seat cushion does not retract. On my Hyundai, the driver seat retracts to make more room for exiting.

2. The light in the back of door handle: I notice that it only lights up when I put my hand on the handle. On my Hyundai, the light behind the handle lights up when I approach the car, showing me where the door handle is in the dark. It is a very nice feature.

Thanks

Ricardo
Old 02-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by hoo
Hi, All,
Glad to join the family. Just took delivery of a Polar White/Black GLC300W with Keyless-Go.
Absolutely loving it.
Two things I want to make sure my car is functioning normally:

1. Easy Entry/Exit: Only the steering wheel tilts up and the seat cushion does not retract. On my Hyundai, the driver seat retracts to make more room for exiting.

2. The light in the back of door handle: I notice that it only lights up when I put my hand on the handle. On my Hyundai, the light behind the handle lights up when I approach the car, showing me where the door handle is in the dark. It is a very nice feature.

Thanks

Ricardo
Did the Hyundai handles light up because you used the fob to unlock the car? I think the GLC's handles will light as well, if you unlock with the fob.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:02 PM
hoo

GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mdsbuc
Did the Hyundai handles light up because you used the fob to unlock the car? I think the GLC's handles will light as well, if you unlock with the fob.
Thanks for reply. MY hyundai does not need to be unlocked to light up. As I am walking toward the car, the light on door automatically lights up to show me where the handle is. It is a very nice touch.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 BMW 335i Msport, 2012 Mustang GT
Originally Posted by hoo
Thanks for reply. MY hyundai does not need to be unlocked to light up. As I am walking toward the car, the light on door automatically lights up to show me where the handle is. It is a very nice touch.
Very similar to how a CTS I used to own operated. The car would lock and unlock, and the lamps light and turn off as I approached or left the car. One think I have learned is that there are always trade offs when you move from one car to another.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:32 PM
hoo

GLC 300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mdsbuc
Very similar to how a CTS I used to own operated. The car would lock and unlock, and the lamps light and turn off as I approached or left the car. One think I have learned is that there are always trade offs when you move from one car to another.
Thanks. My question is whether your GLC behave the same way or it was just my car as far as the easy-entry-exit and door handle lighting are concerned.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 250D
I don't have easy entry and no lights in the handle.
Only under the mirror when the car unlocks and the mirrors fold out.

My Porsche which also has those mirror lights only light up if the mirror fold option is deactivated. It's been so annoying but that's the way it's designed and there is no fix by Porsche.

Seems like the designers and engineers just don't think practically.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:13 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by hoo
Thanks. My question is whether your GLC behave the same way or it was just my car as far as the easy-entry-exit and door handle lighting are concerned.
Only the steering wheel moves for easy entry/exit. On a previous Mercedes of mine (04 C-Class) the seat did push back -- sometimes annoyingly into the knees of tall rear seat passengers if I exited before they did. Perhaps this is why Mercedes nixed that function.