GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

navigation exit notifications

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glc300w4
navigation exit notifications

The nav warning comes around less than a mile when you need to exit or change lanes. I find this relatively short notice a I always use HOV on the left most lane and the exit is on the right lane. Any other way you can change this setting to notify you earlier or is there any way I can show to my screen which is the next exit or turn? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2016, 01:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 GLC 300
Originally Posted by notoryus
The nav warning comes around less than a mile when you need to exit or change lanes. I find this relatively short notice a I always use HOV on the left most lane and the exit is on the right lane. Any other way you can change this setting to notify you earlier or is there any way I can show to my screen which is the next exit or turn? Thanks!
If you display nav info in the small display in the instrument binnacle, I believe it shows you the distance to the next instruction point. Unfortunately, sometimes that point is an exit, and sometimes it's an instruction basically not to exit, so I don't know if that completely solves your issue as you will get "false alarms."
Old 05-26-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GLC 300
Sometimes I'll bring up the route list which gives you the next three instructions. Other times I'll zoom the map out so I can see further along the route to see what my next move will be. This is one thing I really dislike about the navigation system. If Google maps can tell me my next manuever on the screen as I'm driving, I'm sure this system can be programmed to do so as well and it bugs me that it doesn't.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 300
I agree it's very annoying , I think the system rely more on voice command, basically tells you to prepare to exit 1/2 miles before the exit, I also find useful keep the map little zoom out, keep up route list and the little screen in from of my steering wheels.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
I find myself using the Waze app .....
Old 06-06-2016, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glc300w4
Originally Posted by richunters
I find myself using the Waze app .....
can you show the waze up on the screen?