GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

The Official 2017 GLC Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 03:58 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by ec_nova
yea when I first saw the pics I got excited, because even though it's a 43, it's the closest to my setup that I've ever seen. I will have the same wheels with night package and diamond white. Ugh just when I was content with waiting, I'm back to being irrationally impatient!
Well indeed. The first image on my mobile device looks like it has the night pack. But when viewed bigger you can see it hasn't.

I can imagine you are impatient, I only have three sleeps left and I'm already excited and impatient.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts
John Deeres, but wife has GLC43
US-spec GLC43

I'll share a few more photos of my 2017 US-spec Lunar Blue GLC43. Inside and out, I wanted it to resemble a 4-cylinder GLC. You can see that the black leather option comes with gray stitching, black seatbelts, and black headliner (MBUSA configurator incorrectly shows gray headliner; dealer order guide correctly shows black). I settled for standard aluminum trim because all wood trim options for September builds were sold out when I spec'd the car in August, and I'm too frugal to pay $1150 for a couple pieces of carbon fiber. My car has the standard 20" wheels with black accents (code 93R) and VR-rated GoodYear all-season run-flat tires.

Other options: premium 3, advanced parking assist, Burmester and HUD.

The following 6 users liked this post by speedeye:
dejongj (11-04-2016), HotRodW (11-03-2016), JustinS (01-08-2017), Matteus GLC AMG (12-06-2016), MaxFactor (11-04-2016), rihallix (11-29-2016) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-03-2016, 09:19 PM

Received 198 Likes on 127 Posts
2021 GLE450
Looks great, Speedeye! Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by speedeye
I'll share a few more photos of my 2017 US-spec Lunar Blue GLC43. Inside and out, I wanted it to resemble a 4-cylinder GLC. You can see that the black leather option comes with gray stitching, black seatbelts, and black headliner (MBUSA configurator incorrectly shows gray headliner; dealer order guide correctly shows black). I settled for standard aluminum trim because all wood trim options for September builds were sold out when I spec'd the car in August, and I'm too frugal to pay $1150 for a couple pieces of carbon fiber. My car has the standard 20" wheels with black accents (code 93R) and VR-rated GoodYear all-season run-flat tires.

Other options: premium 3, advanced parking assist, Burmester and HUD.
You confirmed a fear that I had. I thought the crystal grey headliner looked pretty good and would help brighten up the interior, but they only provide all black? I noticed you don't have the sunroof spec'd out...does it feel claustrophobic at all?
Old 11-03-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Nice car there. Speedeye
I thought yours was a black GLC from the previous pics.
Blue color does look nice.
I thought all GLC43 comes with standard red stitching....?
I noticed it has a flat bottom steering wheel. NO heated steering wheel?
Old 11-04-2016, 01:15 AM

right to be forgotten
Looks very good, I quite like it with the grey stiching.

Now can we have some pictures together with your John Deere as well I love tractors.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:38 AM

GLC43 nitpick (slightly off-topic)

Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
I noticed you don't have the sunroof spec'd out...does it feel claustrophobic at all?
Yes, it does feel somewhat claustrophobic with 99% black interior and no sunroof. I assume that light from above (sunroof) would help.

While we're on the sunroof topic .... I'm 6' 3" with a tall torso, so I need lots of headroom and avoid sunroofs whenever and wherever possible. Without sunroof the front headroom spec in a GLC is 41.9" (which is awesome). Finally, a vehicle in which I'm not forced to position the seat as low as it will go to avoid hitting my head on the roof. True, but in order to see 100% of the multifunction display, I must place the seat in its lowest position and the steering wheel in its highest position.

My wife and I always name our vehicles. For our new GLC43, it's come down to Luke (the FORCE is strong with this one) or Darth (come to the dark side).
Old 11-04-2016, 07:48 AM

GLC43 red or gray stitching

Originally Posted by ble2716
Nice car there. Speedeye
I thought all GLC43 comes with standard red stitching....?
I noticed it has a flat bottom steering wheel. NO heated steering wheel?
Looking at the online configurator for Canada, the only way to avoid red stitching is with a designo interior. Ouch.

No heated steering wheel. We wear gloves in the winter.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
no more
Although we Brits moan about our weather, MB doesn't believe its severe enough to offer optional heated steering, 3 zone climate, cooled seats, heated rear seats and side sun blinds.
But I like the red belts and stitching and black headliner. Also my reason for choosing Black Ash is that they extend it to the doors which removes some of that brightness too.

Max

Old 11-04-2016, 04:33 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
Originally Posted by speedeye
Looking at the online configurator for Canada, the only way to avoid red stitching is with a designo interior. Ouch.

No heated steering wheel. We wear gloves in the winter.
You're right.
Canadians can not avoid red stitching unless we go we with designo interior, but I do not mind the mb-tex and red stitching at all.
Also, the 20 inches wheels are the only choice for the GLC43.
We usually wear gloves in the winter too but if I pay 80 grand for a new car, might as well add another item like heated steering wheel to the list.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:42 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by MaxFactor
Also my reason for choosing Black Ash is that they extend it to the doors which removes some of that brightness too.

Max
And that is exactly what I like about choice, and why I like buying new I found that the Black Ash was making it too black, I liked having some of that brightness back, together with the shinyness / bling of the black.

It is great that we have choice to make them how we like them and that they aren't all have to be the same.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
Just received my GLC 43 Polar White with Premium Plus Pkg, 21" Wheels, 360 Camera, Ash Wood and LED Intelligent Light. Took it out for a drive yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the ride quality from the run flats. I expected it to be worse but it seems that MB have made decent progress on this. Pretty happy so far.

The following users liked this post:
Matteus GLC AMG (12-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 11:05 AM

right to be forgotten
Are you sure you've got run flats rexgold? I don't have them on mine You can tell if there is in the boot on left hand side a compartment with a compressor and stuff (technical term that). By the way she is looking very good!
Old 11-06-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by rexgold
Took it out for a drive yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at the ride quality from the run flats. I expected it to be worse but it seems that MB have made decent progress on this. Pretty happy so far.
Very sharp, rexgold! Are your tires really run-flats? For the US market, the dealer order guide shows option code B51 "Tirefit" with the 21" wheels. Is there a Tirefit kit in your boot? Do the tire sidewalls have "MOE" or "MOExtended"? I'm not saying you're wrong or trying to start an argument. I am curious what tires MB is installing in various markets.

My GLC43 has 20" GoodYear all-season run-flats. I, too, have been pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. I am very impressed with Air Body Control; I just hope it will be trouble-free for at least 5 years.
Old 11-06-2016, 11:34 AM

right to be forgotten
Well today was the day for me Picked it up lunch time. It was nicely wrapped up like a lovely little early Christmas present.

It had 10 miles on it, and now about 50 It is really really nice. As explained earlier in this thread, my outgoing vehicle was a Mercedes GL class, so two sizes up. As such I was already familiar with the controls, command online, aromatic etc. But I had Harmon Kardon and now Burmester for the sound. I've got to say, considering it is new, the Burmester sounds pretty fantastic!

The car looks awesome, I'm very pleased with it. Obsidian Black with the standard interior.

Naturally I haven't pushed it hard as I want to run it in, but early results are promising. I've never test driven one before, so almost bought it 'unseen' if it wasn't for the configurator. The engine seems a peach, very responsive and civilised in Comfort mode, throttle response definitely sharpens in Sport, and the sound in Sport+ is very addictive as is the instant on/off throttle response. And that sound in Sport+ it will be very addictive.

The handling is very good, much lighter compared to my GL, and the airmatic suspension is doing an absolutely sterling job keeping this vehicle under control. It is really good, less bouncy and seasick than what the GL did in comfort mode.

All in all I'm very pleased with it. If I'm allowed to be a little critical, whilst it is a very, very, very fast SUV, it isn't as bonkers as I know AMG's to be of old. For us this is perfect as it is my wife's daily driver, and it truly is fast. But if you want a bonkers AMG I'd wait for the GLC63 version. Or better get this one and then get a C63 Coupe
The following 3 users liked this post by dejongj:
Matteus GLC AMG (12-06-2016), rihallix (11-29-2016), speedeye (11-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 12:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
E300, C63
Originally Posted by dejongj
Well today was the day for me Picked it up lunch time. It was nicely wrapped up like a lovely little early Christmas present.

It had 10 miles on it, and now about 50 It is really really nice. As explained earlier in this thread, my outgoing vehicle was a Mercedes GL class, so two sizes up. As such I was already familiar with the controls, command online, aromatic etc. But I had Harmon Kardon and now Burmester for the sound. I've got to say, considering it is new, the Burmester sounds pretty fantastic!

The car looks awesome, I'm very pleased with it. Obsidian Black with the standard interior.

Naturally I haven't pushed it hard as I want to run it in, but early results are promising. I've never test driven one before, so almost bought it 'unseen' if it wasn't for the configurator. The engine seems a peach, very responsive and civilised in Comfort mode, throttle response definitely sharpens in Sport, and the sound in Sport+ is very addictive as is the instant on/off throttle response. And that sound in Sport+ it will be very addictive.

The handling is very good, much lighter compared to my GL, and the airmatic suspension is doing an absolutely sterling job keeping this vehicle under control. It is really good, less bouncy and seasick than what the GL did in comfort mode.

All in all I'm very pleased with it. If I'm allowed to be a little critical, whilst it is a very, very, very fast SUV, it isn't as bonkers as I know AMG's to be of old. For us this is perfect as it is my wife's daily driver, and it truly is fast. But if you want a bonkers AMG I'd wait for the GLC63 version. Or better get this one and then get a C63 Coupe
looks great, congrats! And I agree with the power output. It sounds great at idle, feels very responsive part throttle, but wide open it just doesn't have that feel you expect from AMG. It's not really the car's fault, though. It's plenty fast, but since it looks and feels like a "true" AMG(which I'm used to driving) it feels like it's missing something.

Regardless, they're great driving, great looking vehicles that will have no problem passing 99% of the vehicles on the road. You get most of the benefits of AMG without the cost of maintenance/depreciation/fuel economy!

now where are the interior shots???
Old 11-06-2016, 12:17 PM

GLC43AMG Polar White, 21" Alloys, Prem Plus Package, LED Intelligent Light, 360 Camera
Are you sure you've got run flats rexgold? I don't have them on mine You can tell if there is in the boot on left hand side a compartment with a compressor and stuff (technical term that). By the way she is looking very good!
I don't actually know.. I just had a look in the boot and there is no compressor or other bits in the boot.. should there be??
Old 11-06-2016, 12:25 PM

That does look good in Black.. I agree with you that it is not the bonkers power that you can get with the 63 engines.. but I am pretty happy with the 43.. One question I have with the 21" tyres.. do you find that with steering at full lock, the car seems to struggle to move? Seems that there is a fight between the direction the car wants to go and it is willing to?
Old 11-06-2016, 12:57 PM

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
E300, C63
That does look good in Black.. I agree with you that it is not the bonkers power that you can get with the 63 engines.. but I am pretty happy with the 43.. One question I have with the 21" tyres.. do you find that with steering at full lock, the car seems to struggle to move? Seems that there is a fight between the direction the car wants to go and it is willing to?
very common on AMG models. Stickier tires. With all seasons on normal cars, they will literally "skip" the tires when at full lock. With the wider summer tires, it almost makes the vehicle feel like it's binding up. Nothing to worry about
The following 2 users liked this post by ec_nova:
dejongj (11-06-2016), rexgold (11-06-2016)
Old 11-06-2016, 01:04 PM

very common on AMG models. Stickier tires. With all seasons on normal cars, they will literally "skip" the tires when at full lock. With the wider summer tires, it almost makes the vehicle feel like it's binding up. Nothing to worry about
Thank you!!
Old 11-06-2016, 01:30 PM

right to be forgotten
I don't actually know.. I just had a look in the boot and there is no compressor or other bits in the boot.. should there be??
Yes there is in mine. It is rather sparse underneath the floor cover, just got a flat packed crate, a triangle, and a table!?? in there. But when you then look on the left there is a bit of plastic that should come undone with two levers. Behind it is a 12v compressor and some stuff to squirt in the tire.

My dealer asked me to actually not use it unless it is really necessary. They said I should just press the roadside assistance button and ask for help.

Yes exactly the same here, it is like it is crabbing. Will be interesting in multi-storey car parks. My Audi Quattro has the same to be honest. But I've never noticed it on the GL.
Old 11-06-2016, 01:32 PM

right to be forgotten
looks great, congrats! And I agree with the power output. It sounds great at idle, feels very responsive part throttle, but wide open it just doesn't have that feel you expect from AMG. It's not really the car's fault, though. It's plenty fast, but since it looks and feels like a "true" AMG(which I'm used to driving) it feels like it's missing something.

Regardless, they're great driving, great looking vehicles that will have no problem passing 99% of the vehicles on the road. You get most of the benefits of AMG without the cost of maintenance/depreciation/fuel economy!

now where are the interior shots???
Ha thank you Yes the power delivery is almost too good and looses a little character, but undoubtedly very fast regardless. And very normal in comfort mode.

The fuel economy is pretty 'interesting' in Sport+ mode, but so is the sound. It is so addictive.

I'll get some interior shots once we have the weather again. It is pitch black now and raining
Old 11-06-2016, 02:12 PM

Yes there is in mine. It is rather sparse underneath the floor cover, just got a flat packed crate, a triangle, and a table!?? in there. But when you then look on the left there is a bit of plastic that should come undone with two levers. Behind it is a 12v compressor and some stuff to squirt in the tire.

My dealer asked me to actually not use it unless it is really necessary. They said I should just press the roadside assistance button and ask for help.

Yes exactly the same here, it is like it is crabbing. Will be interesting in multi-storey car parks. My Audi Quattro has the same to be honest. But I've never noticed it on the GL.
would you mind taking a picture and sharing as to what it looks like? I have this.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:14 PM

right to be forgotten
I can see it :P
Old 11-06-2016, 02:19 PM

right to be forgotten
I can see it :P
And a bit more helpful
Attached Thumbnails The Official 2017 GLC Picture Thread-the_official_2017_glc_picture_thread_-_page_3_-_mbworld_org_forums.png  
The following 2 users liked this post by dejongj:
Matteus GLC AMG (12-10-2016), rexgold (11-07-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Official 2017 GLC Picture Thread