Screwed by dealer salesman

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 08:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Screwed by dealer salesman

Short version: the sales man said said "everything but navi"
-bought it took it home... noticed many things missing, bigggest is HEATED SEATS. So many features are not there. Went back, dude had the ***** to say "oh I remember, I said EVERYTHING but Navi and heated seats"... and basically we (my mother and I) almost bought another GLC 300 but he kept trying to screw us with pricing... the last 2 straws was, he went from talking about buying the other car on the lot that we wanted to handing us paperwork for a lease. And finally we walked out when he said... actually I just found out that that one is already sold... what about the same car in black?

Long verison: ^basically that but with more details. Test drive it, picked the one with features we wanted sunroof and navi... decided to settle with one without navi... he said everything but navi. One that I will always remember is that he said that the rims were amg... but this was already when we were inside and didn't notice till I detailed the car myself. Anyways we did it all and 6 days after is when we noticed the no heated seats. Went back and confronted him and he tried to play us.

I put this out here to warn you guys to be very careful when bnothinuying. Because what is sad is that both my mother and I love the car, but every time we sit in it we are upset.
10 years of heated seats and certain features from our highlander that aren't in our Mercedes is very disappointing.
-and there is literally nothing we can do about it.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 169 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 GLK350 & 1992 190e sportline
I get that your bent out of shape but this is your fault. Why would you trust anyone that gets paid to take your money. So instead of doing your due diligence and taking some personal responsibility you are going to open an account here just to put someone on blast from some dealer.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:35 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
Originally Posted by insame1
I get that your bent out of shape but this is your fault. Why would you trust anyone that gets paid to take your money. So instead of doing your due diligence and taking some personal responsibility you are going to open an account here just to put someone on blast from some dealer.
I have a hard time believing it's a legit story. I'm guessing he's either a troll or someone paid to smear the brand. He doesn't provide any details regarding the dealer or the salesman. He says it didn't come with heated seats which, while possible, is pretty rare. If you spec P1 (and I think most dealers do) heated seats are bundled by default. Still, lets assume he was sold some stripper model the dealer couldn't sell. He says he had the car for 6 days (and took it on a test drive too!). It took him 6 days to notice it was a stripper? Either this guy is retarded or it's a bull**** story.

If it *is* legit, I'd love to know what he paid.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:01 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by Timothy James
Short version: the sales man said said "everything but navi"
-bought it took it home... noticed many things missing, bigggest is HEATED SEATS. So many features are not there. Went back, dude had the ***** to say "oh I remember, I said EVERYTHING but Navi and heated seats"... and basically we (my mother and I) almost bought another GLC 300 but he kept trying to screw us with pricing... the last 2 straws was, he went from talking about buying the other car on the lot that we wanted to handing us paperwork for a lease. And finally we walked out when he said... actually I just found out that that one is already sold... what about the same car in black?

Long verison: ^basically that but with more details. Test drive it, picked the one with features we wanted sunroof and navi... decided to settle with one without navi... he said everything but navi. One that I will always remember is that he said that the rims were amg... but this was already when we were inside and didn't notice till I detailed the car myself. Anyways we did it all and 6 days after is when we noticed the no heated seats. Went back and confronted him and he tried to play us.

I put this out here to warn you guys to be very careful when bnothinuying. Because what is sad is that both my mother and I love the car, but every time we sit in it we are upset.
10 years of heated seats and certain features from our highlander that aren't in our Mercedes is very disappointing.
If you done just a little bit of homework you'd know it is impossible to have everything but navi. And what doesn't 'everything' mean anyway.

Sorry but no sympathy for you and your mum whatsoever, this is nothing but your own fault and responsibility to check what is installed on it. Must be great to be able to buy a car like it is a cheese sandwich. Man the amount of times I forgot to check whether they put the pickle on and I was already 10 miles away. That was really annoying.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:14 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
GLC
There is a reason cars are required by law to have Monroney labels (window stickers). It is for your information--and protection.
Read them.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C300 (2016), Mercedes-Benz GLC300 (2017)
Originally Posted by Timothy James
There are several things that are in other cars as standard but as options on Mercedes (and BMW and Audi for that matter). Backup cameras that are standard on a $20,000 Chevy Cruze for instance.

While it does make car shopping a bit more difficult, it is certainly not "hidden" information. You are making a $45,000+ purchase, you need to do perform a level of due diligence.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
+1
Old 12-03-2016, 03:29 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
I have a hard time believing it's a legit story. I'm guessing he's either a troll or someone paid to smear the brand. He doesn't provide any details regarding the dealer or the salesman. He says it didn't come with heated seats which, while possible, is pretty rare. If you spec P1 (and I think most dealers do) heated seats are bundled by default. Still, lets assume he was sold some stripper model the dealer couldn't sell. He says he had the car for 6 days (and took it on a test drive too!). It took him 6 days to notice it was a stripper? Either this guy is retarded or it's a bull**** story.

If it *is* legit, I'd love to know what he paid.

yea, it's legit. After reading other threads here, those heated seats are one way they cut costs... but like damn.
And yes I know it is our fault but that was just so much ****.
and my only excuse is that it's been 10 years since we bought a car and we came from Toyota. Getting in that car was literally like being in a space ship. **** even even said he'd show us everything but once the papers signed he was gone. Mercedes without heated seats.... MERCEDES. That's not something one expects/looks for.

It it is a great vehicle and I'm glad we own it because I will be changing things to it. First thing I have planned is to have a upholstery place and electrical automotive shop work together to get me those heated seats. Because like what someone said on here... anything is possible with enough money.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:32 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by clarst
There is a reason cars are required by law to have Monroney labels (window stickers). It is for your information--and protection.
Read them.
Yea, this guy would literally take it out, look at it and tell us if it has navi and then it would disappear. Even when we test drive the car that thing was not in sight.
Some had them and many didn't. The ones that did had them on the center of the dash. Couldn't even find the damn total price for the damn car lol
Old 12-03-2016, 03:43 PM

GLC300
Originally Posted by dejongj
If you done just a little bit of homework you'd know it is impossible to have everything but navi. And what doesn't 'everything' mean anyway.

Sorry but no sympathy for you and your mum whatsoever, this is nothing but your own fault and responsibility to check what is installed on it. Must be great to be able to buy a car like it is a cheese sandwich. Man the amount of times I forgot to check whether they put the pickle on and I was already 10 miles away. That was really annoying.

background is that hat things we going up for my mother and me as well. She got one hell of a promotion and I just got into the nursing program at my college. We were interested at a X3 for a long time but then that day she saw the MB dealership and wanted to check it out. Saw the GLC300 and she fell in love with it.
We didn't get the car like it was a cheese sandwich. We came from a 2006 Toyota Highlander and this was one hell of an upgrade for us. If you saw your own mother as happy as mine that day, you'd want her to drive home with it as well.

And I don't not ask for sympathy at all. I put this to remind people to know your **** before buying. It was our own fault. I was caught off guard when she wanted to buy it right then and there but hey like I said, if you saw how happy she was you would have wanted to have your mom just as happy.

and it's fine, with enough money anything is possible... that's why my goal before Christmas is to give her her heated seats.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:44 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 Mercedes-AMG GLC43
I've got an idea: Instead of giving advice that everyone here already knows, how about you tell us:
  • What's the name of the dealership and the name of the crappy salesguy that you worked with?
  • What did you pay for the vehicle?
  • Post a picture of the window sticker?
Old 12-04-2016, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
+1. Sounds like a lot of BS.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
GLC 300
Originally Posted by FrostyZoob
I've got an idea: Instead of giving advice that everyone here already knows, how about you tell us:
  • What's the name of the dealership and the name of the crappy salesguy that you worked with?
  • What did you pay for the vehicle?
  • Post a picture of the window sticker?
^
Old 12-04-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is actually quite entertaining. I do not know anyone who would buy a car let alone a Mercedes without knowing exactly what he was getting. I think the OP needs to see a proctologist. You all can figure out why. also, this guy says he got into nursing school. I would not want him taking care of my patients after he graduates. No attention to detail.

Last edited by dieseldoc; 12-04-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2016, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by clarst
Read them.
All cars in US must be sold with Monroney. In actuality, only the consumer can remove it after the sale. The fine for removing it and not giving it to the consumer is 1000.00. I doubt any dealer is going to risk that.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 SL55, 2015 A250d, 2016 GLC250d
Its possible to retrofit as per factory (but quite a few $$$). You need new door trims as switches go in there, some door wiring, seat wiring, seat pads , heated seat control unit. Easier with memory / fully electric seats though. You may have to make some looms

R