GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Storage Under Cargo Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 12:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Infinity FX35, Lexus GS350
Storage Under Cargo Area

Due to the run flat tires there is no spare tire leaving a nice storage area under the cargo deck.

I'm curious what the dimensions (length, width and height) are under the cargo deck. If the size is adequate this might be a good place to keep a pelican type case for storage.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 MB GLC300 & 2020 GLE350
I'm still a bit leery of the run-flats, thus I keep several cans of "Spare Tire In A Can", an 12V air compressor a tire gauge,work gloves, flares, etc. Still plenty of room for odds and ends.
The following users liked this post:
MorrieC (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 MB GLC300 & 2020 GLE350
Part ll, Not sure there is enough height for any type of Pelican case. I just wrapped my items in old rages to prevent rattle......
The following users liked this post:
MorrieC (01-15-2017)
Old 01-15-2017, 09:40 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2023 E450W, 2020 GLC300
This area has a very convoluted floor, so it's hard to make any accurate measurements. I found that two hanging garment bags can be stowed there, with a little scrooching of their length. Once stowed and the lid closed, they are protected from being crushed by other luggage, so it is a useful compartment for things like these bags, and for other small odds and ends that you may want to keep in the car without cluttering up the rear. Nice place for shopping bags and such--my Trader Joe's insulated bag lives there now.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Infinity FX35, Lexus GS350
Originally Posted by BobbyT
This area has a very convoluted floor, so it's hard to make any accurate measurements. I found that two hanging garment bags can be stowed there, with a little scrooching of their length. Once stowed and the lid closed, they are protected from being crushed by other luggage, so it is a useful compartment for things like these bags, and for other small odds and ends that you may want to keep in the car without cluttering up the rear. Nice place for shopping bags and such--my Trader Joe's insulated bag lives there now.
Thanks for the info. I have an AMG43 on order but it won't be delivered until late March or April. Just started thinking about the space under the cargo area and had a hair brained idea that a pelican case might fit there. I will have to wait and see or stop by a dealer and look at a car.
Thank you
Morrie