GLC Class (X253) Produced 2016-2022

Interested in GLC43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 S550, 2017 C63S, 2019 Raptor
Interested in GLC43

I have a GLA45 which is a really fun car to drive but my wife, who drives, it wants something a bit bigger but more concerned with a car that has a higher driving position. She wants an SUV but doesn't want to something as big as the GLE. Is the GLC more of an SUV driving height than the GLA wagon? I see by the specs that it is reasonly sized larger. She drove the F PACE yesterday and was very impressed. I know that's about 7 inches longer but similar width, height and wheelbase as the GLC.

I'd get the F Pace except for the following: Mercedes has a pull ahead of 5 months (owe six so no biggie), I've never owned s jaguar and my MB dealer is close and treats me well, the loaded GLC43 sells for about 4500 less than the f-pace, I like the GLC interior better, subjectively I like the GLC AMG exterior more she like the f-pace a bit more but not enough to outweigh other GLC virtues. However, if it isn't going to give her a similar vantage point as the f-pace it kind of defeats the purpose. In summary the GLA is a hatchback and I'm hoping the GLC is closer to an SUV. I'm wondering if it's similar to the previous GLK For for driving height. If it works out I'll save 8 grand in total.

Two their quick questions are does the head unit support car play and is there remote start?

Appreciate the thoughts. --cheers

Last edited by zer0t; 01-15-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:47 PM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Very very slow
The head unit does not support car play and no remote start.

You'll find the glc43 has more room than the gla, especially the rear seats.
As for driving position, you should test drive the car and find out for your self.
I think it's a lowered Suv.
The f-pace's driving position is a bit higher than the GLC.
I test drove the f-pace before and ended up with the GLC43.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Infinity FX35, Lexus GS350
Jaguar F Pace vs the GLX 43... This is a hard choice. Both are very nice and I was so hot to buy the Jaguar F Pace early on but waited until I could see one in person. The F Pace launch party was a lot of fun and it was the first time that I could see the car. It is a beautiful and sexy design but..... and I say but because the quality was lacking on the fit and finish of the car. The hood at the nose of the car was miss aligned by about 1/4 of an inch. For a car of this price that was unacceptable. So I decided to wait and see other cars maybe this was a one off problem. When more cars started to show up on the dealer lots I would look at them, some were ok some were not. I was following the FPace forums and several people were also having some problems.

I started to look at other cars, the Porsche Macan S, very nice car but a lot of buttons on the center console that really turned my wife off. The we stopped a the local MB dealer and told him what we had been looking at he showed us an AMG 43 that had just arrive. I did not like the Ipad on the dash but when I drove the car I was hooked. I think the diamond grill hooked my wife. To make a long story short we ordered an AMG43 and for now will let Jaguar work out the kinks on the Fpace. I still think the FPace is one sexy SUV.
Old 01-16-2017, 04:09 AM

Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
right to be forgotten
I would say it depends where you are. If you are based in the UK I'd go for the F-Pace, there are some serious issues with the RHD model of the GLC that Mercedes is refusing to acknowledge and investigate.

If you are in LHD territory, I'd go for the GLC.

I drove them both, prefer the GLC and if it wasn't for the serious issues it would still be my favourite to drive and live with. Ride hide isn't as high as a full size SUV, but we came out of a GL and thought that was a bonus It is high enough.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:20 AM

I'm in the US.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:25 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by zer0t
I'm in the US.
Go for it, enjoy it! It is a great car and you won't have this issue. But make certain your read up on the screeching brakes one as that seems to be for your domestic market and dragging on a bit.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:02 AM

Let me ask about your steering issue. Does it only happen cold and turning the wheel? My GLA does that and so do my porsches. It's the extreme sport tires when they are cold or on cold road surfaces. I believe the GLA45 optional wheels use the same tires as the GLC. I had the alignment checked once and it was off after the tires wore out at 5500 miles. I had it realigned and new tires and it still does it when cold however not as bad. It's ridiculous if it is the sport tires that no one tells you.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:33 AM

right to be forgotten
Originally Posted by zer0t
Let me ask about your steering issue. Does it only happen cold and turning the wheel? My GLA does that and so do my porsches. It's the extreme sport tires when they are cold or on cold road surfaces. I believe the GLA45 optional wheels use the same tires as the GLC. I had the alignment checked once and it was off after the tires wore out at 5500 miles. I had it realigned and new tires and it still does it when cold however not as bad. It's ridiculous if it is the sport tires that no one tells you.
Unfortunately it is much worse than the standard little bit of scrubbing you can get. It does it on all wheel/tyre combinations, and seem to be extremely bad on RHD vehicles.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Global Express and Falcon 2000
In the US the car has remote start through the ME app.