Sponsored By:

Delivery Delays?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
traded in '13 ML350 now '16 GLE 350
Delivery Delays?

Just returned from my MB dealer trying to roll over my ML350 lease for a new GLE. I was told while I could place an order for an early December build date that with current delays it would be February at least for delivery. Their claim is that with all the issues with VW even MB built cars are being held and not released until tested. They claim that they have cars in port waiting almost 4 months to be released and even though GLE's are built here they are still being held.
Now they will try to locate what I want...or at least close to it
Anyone else having issues with delivery delays?
Old 11-07-2015, 08:13 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
I've heard similar w/ some Germany built BMW's. Vehicles being held at the port once they arrived in the US for further EPA testing. And this is on gasoline engine vehicles, of the same model that were delivered to customers late summer, but orders that arrived in early fall were being held.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 e 450 cabriolet
Placed an order for a GLE 350 yesterday and was told to expect late January 2016 delivery.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by happyinboca
Placed an order for a GLE 350 yesterday and was told to expect late January 2016 delivery.

I'm curious what they gave you as a build date... I ended up finding one scheduled to be delivered in December with my options when I said I would take one with running boards (I find them annoying) Some people in the M-Class (166) forum have had their build days pushed back a month.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:20 AM

2019 e 450 cabriolet
Originally Posted by X5NoMor
I'm curious what they gave you as a build date... I ended up finding one scheduled to be delivered in December with my options when I said I would take one with running boards (I find them annoying) Some people in the M-Class (166) forum have had their build days pushed back a month.
I wasn't given a build date and I didn't ask, the salesperson has always been forthright and this is my 4th vehicle and 2nd build to order with him. The tendency in the past has been to under promise so I'm hopeful it will come in sooner.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:08 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
GL 320, 993TT, BMW 550XI
Mercedes SUVs are built in Alabama and delivered via truck in the US.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by chsu74
Mercedes SUVs are built in Alabama and delivered via truck in the US.
that is why I asked the question couldn't see why the delay. Their claims were that the cars even those built here were undergoing more testing because of the VW issues...some people in the M=class W166 have had their build dates pushed back.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:32 PM

'16 GLE 400 4matic
They quoted parts allocation issues to me
Old 11-27-2015, 12:06 PM

2019 e 450 cabriolet
I asked - Scheduled production 01/04/2016 - dealer noting MANY orders getting 4 ~ 6 week delays.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:21 PM

'16 GLE 400 4matic
Originally Posted by happyinboca
I asked - Scheduled production 01/04/2016 - dealer noting MANY orders getting 4 ~ 6 week delays.

I just want my car
Old 11-28-2015, 04:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
'16 GL550, '12 C350
I'm confused by all these delays, are these on special orders only? I was at both SF Mercedes and Redwood City (needed crates and each dealer only had one in stock), and they had plenty of GLE's in stock.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Why do you guys obsess over this so much? Who cares what the reason is? If you order a new car, especially one that is selling pretty well you're going to have to wait for a some weeks/months. I don't get what the big deal is. Seems like in every MB model thread here there is thread about something being delayed and why. Biggest waste of time ever. Order the car and go on about life and it will be here before you know it. Much ado about nothing IMO. Every salesman and every dealer is going to say something different and you'll never really know why so why bother with worry about it? Ordering a German car usually take 4-6-8 weeks whether it is BMW, Audi or Mercedes.

M
Old 11-28-2015, 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,099 Likes on 805 Posts
A gaggle of MB's
It is a pertinent forum subject - many existing factory order for November and December for both GLE's and GLE-coupe's have been subejct to factory reschedule into Jan = and some are already sre getting 2nd reschedules in early-Feb.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Most factories shut down or slow down during the holidays. That still doesn't answer the question though. So if they said, hey the cars are delayed because XYZ, what does that do? What difference does it make? Maybe they are running at full capacity or they aren't? What does knowing why do for anyone here?

M
Old 11-29-2015, 10:30 AM

'16 GLE 400 4matic
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Most factories shut down or slow down during the holidays. That still doesn't answer the question though. So if they said, hey the cars are delayed because XYZ, what does that do? What difference does it make? Maybe they are running at full capacity or they aren't? What does knowing why do for anyone here?
M
It gives them an answer they can wrap their head around as to why a promise wasn't fulfilled.

If you're so against the topic of discussing why a multi million dollar, highly respected, desirable company can't fulfill their promises there are several other, somewhat active topics on the board that you could go visit. Not many, it's a slow forum.

In a forum where the goal is to share information, stories, and experiences wouldn't a topic that's affecting many people may be a good topic to discuss. Potentially someone might come up with, or achieve a result, that when shared can help others. That's the point. But like I said before, if this goes against what you would like others to do, theres other solutions to that besides telling people to stop discussing it.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So in short it doesn't mean squat man lol. Once you wrap your head around it, then what? It doesn't change anything. You guys are ridiculous to sit around and worry about something you can't do anything about, something so matterless. Can't fulfill what promise? What promise did they make? The most much ado about nothing I've ever seen. I'm not telling you to stop talking about, but in reading the convo here, there is zero being learned or gleamed from it because no one here knows why the delays happen and they happen with every car maker from time to time. I just think its a waste of time. Unless a factory rep chimes in, you guys are just guessing at best and a sales rep will tell you anything.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 11-30-2015 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
So in short it doesn't mean squat man lol. Once you wrap your head around it, then what? It doesn't change anything. You guys are ridiculous to sit around and worry about something you can't do anything about, something so matterless. Can't fulfill what promise? What promise did they make? The most much ado about nothing I've every seen. I'm not telling you to stop talking about, but in reading the convo here, there is zero being learned or gleamed from it because no one here knows why the delays happen and they happen with every car maker from time to time. I just think its a waste of time. Unless a factory rep chimes in, you guys are just guessing at best and a sales rep will tell you anything.

M
+1
Old 11-29-2015, 10:02 PM

'16 GLE 400 4matic
So in short it doesn't mean squat man lol. Once you wrap your head around it, then what? It doesn't change anything. You guys are ridiculous to sit around and worry about something you can't do anything about, something so matterless. Can't fulfill what promise? What promise did they make? The most much ado about nothing I've every seen. I'm not telling you to stop talking about, but in reading the convo here, there is zero being learned or gleamed from it because no one here knows why the delays happen and they happen with every car maker from time to time. I just think its a waste of time. Unless a factory rep chimes in, you guys are just guessing at best and a sales rep will tell you anything.

M

Let's stop talking about it.

Then what.

Crickets in the forum. Hang on another thread about the bluetech engine.

Let people talk about what they want. U don't like it. Mosy on out of the thread.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Greystreet
Let's stop talking about it.

Then what.

Crickets in the forum. Hang on another thread about the bluetech engine.

Let people talk about what they want. U don't like it. Mosy on out of the thread.
Nah. Wrong. You mean crickets in a dumb thread, not the forum. It's a matterless subect, quite silly IMO. Why not talk about the vehicle itself. I thought this was a car enthusiast site or at least an MB enthusiast site. Wrong, I guess.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 12-01-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:39 AM

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
GLE63S 2016
I just ordered 2 GLE63S vehicles. I was told they will arrive in March. I'm happy to keep my 2015 ML550's till then. Heard the new engine sounds on the AMG & had to have them.....
Old 12-03-2015, 06:10 PM

Actually some people missed the whole idea of me starting and asking the question about delays. The idea wasn't whether or not i would wait I mean if there is a delay there is a delay and I do agree that there is nothing to be done. the reason I asked was to see if whether or not I was being given a line and to see if anyone else had a similar experience.
If some people feel it is a waste of time to discuss the delivery delays ... well then they shouldn't have even read the thread in the first place. let alone make a comment about how dumb it was and have others read a comment we really didn't need to... talk about a waste of time.
for me I don't care about the delays... I picked my car up last night
Old 12-03-2015, 06:29 PM
skw

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
2019 GLS450
So in short it doesn't mean squat man lol. Once you wrap your head around it, then what? It doesn't change anything. You guys are ridiculous to sit around and worry about something you can't do anything about, something so matterless. Can't fulfill what promise? What promise did they make? The most much ado about nothing I've ever seen. I'm not telling you to stop talking about, but in reading the convo here, there is zero being learned or gleamed from it because no one here knows why the delays happen and they happen with every car maker from time to time. I just think its a waste of time. Unless a factory rep chimes in, you guys are just guessing at best and a sales rep will tell you anything.

M
I see it as pertinent as any other subject. It's being discussed in the hope that at some point someone may chime in with relevant information. Until then, yes, it is all guessing and speculation. However, it can be viewed in the same context as someone having an issue with a mechanical failure. Applying your logic, everyone one here would be only guessing as to the cause so it makes no sense to be discussed. But it is discussed so others can see if someone else is having the same issue, and maybe they were able to find a solution. Same with the delivery delays, people are excited about their order, or maybe it's a matter of timing with selling another vehicle or turning in a lease, so knowing when the new one will arrive is important. Maybe a factory rep will chime in or one customer will get some information that can be useful to everyone.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:34 PM

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts
GLE63S 2016
Delivery delays

I just ordered a pair of GLE63s's, and I was told that if have to wait until spring because the colours i wanted were in extremely limited production. But the dealer advocated for me and I secured the production slots for the colours that I wanted. I was told that the Canadian GLE63s vehicles are actually made in Germany along with their hand-assembled engines - and then shipped to Canada. USA vehicles are made in the USA.

Apparently, this leads to more of a challenge when trying to buy a limited production AMG in Canada.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:26 PM

'16 GLE 400 4matic
Actually some people missed the whole idea of me starting and asking the question about delays. The idea wasn't whether or not i would wait I mean if there is a delay there is a delay and I do agree that there is nothing to be done. the reason I asked was to see if whether or not I was being given a line and to see if anyone else had a similar experience.
If some people feel it is a waste of time to discuss the delivery delays ... well then they shouldn't have even read the thread in the first place. let alone make a comment about how dumb it was and have others read a comment we really didn't need to... talk about a waste of time.
for me I don't care about the delays... I picked my car up last night
Any pretty pictures ??
Old 12-08-2015, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by skw
I see it as pertinent as any other subject. It's being discussed in the hope that at some point someone may chime in with relevant information. Until then, yes, it is all guessing and speculation. However, it can be viewed in the same context as someone having an issue with a mechanical failure. Applying your logic, everyone one here would be only guessing as to the cause so it makes no sense to be discussed. But it is discussed so others can see if someone else is having the same issue, and maybe they were able to find a solution. Same with the delivery delays, people are excited about their order, or maybe it's a matter of timing with selling another vehicle or turning in a lease, so knowing when the new one will arrive is important. Maybe a factory rep will chime in or one customer will get some information that can be useful to everyone.
Factory reps hardly ever chime in and it is all pointless anyway. There isn't going to be a delay in production due to a mechanical failure. Just more pointless speculation. You'll never know what the delay is, if there is one so I don't see the point. Put the order in and wait for the 30-60 days, I know it's tough (I've gone through it), but what else is there to do, be mired in confusion and guesswork?

M

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery Delays?