GLE H7 Bulb Day Light.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 12:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE Mercedes 300d
GLE H7 Bulb Day Light.

All,

I have a 2016 GLE 300d. I don't have lighting package on my car. I am little paranoid about upgrading to HID or LED lights and does not want to break anything.

I spoke with dealership, they said they have a brighter H7 bulb which i can get install but it is not day light color.

I would like to install just regular H7 bulb with day light color. Dealership asked me to get the bulb and then they can install it for around $50.

I have seen many bulbs that say H7 day light color at walmart. But reading at the forums looks like non factory headlight bulbs are going bad.

I would like to request you guys to point me to a good H7 bulb that will last long and also has day light color.

If any one has done this before, would appreciate picture.

In worst case, If I dont find a good day light bulb I am thinking to go with brighter yellow bulb from Mercedes dealership.

Help is appreciated.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
Read through this thread. It has a lot of good advice.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...d-success.html

Yes it's not exactly about the bulbs you asked about, but going HID would be better and maybe this thread can help with your anxiety about doing it.

Last edited by BACnMercedes; 02-05-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE 350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by siquadri
All,

I have a 2016 GLE 300d. I don't have lighting package on my car. I am little paranoid about upgrading to HID or LED lights and does not want to break anything.

I spoke with dealership, they said they have a brighter H7 bulb which i can get install but it is not day light color.

I would like to install just regular H7 bulb with day light color. Dealership asked me to get the bulb and then they can install it for around $50.

I have seen many bulbs that say H7 day light color at walmart. But reading at the forums looks like non factory headlight bulbs are going bad.

I would like to request you guys to point me to a good H7 bulb that will last long and also has day light color.

If any one has done this before, would appreciate picture.

In worst case, If I dont find a good day light bulb I am thinking to go with brighter yellow bulb from Mercedes dealership.

Help is appreciated.
I tried nightbreakers and all the sort, they aren't any different. Check out the thread above. A bunch of us were successful although it does take some time and patients. I took my car to the dealer with my HID and they didn't say anything- they even re-alighted my headlights so i know for a fact they saw them. Intalling HIDs wont void warranty. They can only void it if you have an issue with the lighting system but in this case, just remove the HIDs and get yourself some new light covers, voila, like they were never there.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLE Mercedes 300d
Originally Posted by nvsocr7
I tried nightbreakers and all the sort, they aren't any different. Check out the thread above. A bunch of us were successful although it does take some time and patients. I took my car to the dealer with my HID and they didn't say anything- they even re-alighted my headlights so i know for a fact they saw them. Intalling HIDs wont void warranty. They can only void it if you have an issue with the lighting system but in this case, just remove the HIDs and get yourself some new light covers, voila, like they were never there.
I have read these forum earlier. Looks like it is very technical and I am not very handy person.

I just want to upgrade to a H7 bulb that will give white day light instead of yellow. Will just replacing bulb work ?? or I have worry about some temperature of that bulb when operating so, that it does melt my headlights plastic.

Help is appreciated.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 GLE 350 4matic
Sounds like you have the halogen lights and I am not aware of a simple bulb change that will get you the bright white light that would be similar to LED or the Bi-Xenon headlights that are upgrades on MB. To achieve the bright white light, it takes a full headlight change.
Upgrading the bulb will help but it would be a minimal change as compared to the difference between the halogen and the upgraded headlight options beyond halogen.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 GLS 450 2017 E300 Sport
Do the HID upgrade or do nothing...going from one halogen to another makes no difference at all! I have tried.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
2021 GLS580 | 2011 ML350 BlueTec | 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
Originally Posted by siquadri
I have read these forum earlier. Looks like it is very technical and I am not very handy person.

I just want to upgrade to a H7 bulb that will give white day light instead of yellow. Will just replacing bulb work ?? or I have worry about some temperature of that bulb when operating so, that it does melt my headlights plastic.

Help is appreciated.
The bottom line is that there is no bulb that will give you what you want.