GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK Service/ Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 08:24 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2009 GLK 220 cdi
workshop-manuals.com

I just found this webpage workshop-manuals.com there is a lot of usefull infos about glk especially 350 (not only glk and not only MB), for free ofcourse. I am sorry if it is already here.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB GLK 320 CDI -09
The manual seems great. r u happy with it? Can u see estimated time to change an alternator?
Old 02-28-2015, 08:19 PM

2009 SLK 350
Originally Posted by 107123210
What is in the data base? Does it have shop procedures as can be found in WIS? Looking at their website and how the software runs under virtual XP, it looks like it IS a pirated version of WIS. But if MB won't provide same, what the heck....
Looks like the site is down. I was hoping to get some parts # of that program. Anyone else have anything similar to that? Even though my GLK is still under warranty there are something that I wanted to add. Driver Side auto dimming mirror, backup camera, and dimming rearview mirror that I opted out of getting. Didn't want to pay for options that I could easily install myself or that I find dealer/MB significantly overcharge for
Old 11-24-2018, 12:50 PM

2015 GLK250
Talking GLK-Class (X204) ALLDATA Availability

Originally Posted by Koenig1
Thanks... I did a review check on alldata, some love it, some think it's a waste! 'bop11' have you signed up, and if so, how do you like it? Given that the GLK doesn't seem to have a printed/cd service manual anywhere, I'm a bit leery to spend the cash to find out I just bought a pile of online ads! LOL!
I realize with coupons it's pretty reasonable, just wanting some 1st hand Mercedes review..... anyone?

If anyone wants to "review" what the ALLDATA folks offer in their manuals...., our local Public Library provides access to ALLDATA for free on their "Reference" computer. Your local Library might also. The data base is fairly easy to navigate. Generally, I have found that if your vehicle is not too new or too old that ALLDATA gives decent coverage. It is almost useless for my 2015 GLK; doesn't list at all my 1984 190D but is O.K. for my 2001 SL500.
Old 11-25-2018, 12:37 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
GLK250 2014
There are a number of vendors on eBay selling the Mercedes WIS/ASRA/EPC system. This includes EPC (parts) database for all Mercedes, even very early ones. WIS is the shop manual database. You can get ones that are almost up to date. There is quite a learning curve when using WIS. Everything is there, but sometimes hard to find. Prices vary, from just a few bucks to $20 or $30. Most these days require a large download. Some will send you DVDs. Almost all require you to do an install of a a Windows XP virtual machine. Works on all newer versions of Windows. Macs not so well, but some have done it.

A search on eBay for EPC WIS Mercedes brings up many auctions. I have not reviewed the. This is just one example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-20...-/322852463662

These are of course not legal. But what can an owner do if MB don't provide Manuals?
Old 11-26-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
00 ML55 AMG
Just a fyi for everyone. I have the newest version of wis/epc installed on my windows 10 computer and it works perfectly. Dont have to run virtual machine or any thing. Also I would not mess around with any other brand of manuals. Everything you need is in wis. I just finished a head gasket job on a w124 m103 engine and it had an answer to every single question I came up with.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by Brettriehl101
Just a fyi for everyone. I have the newest version of wis/epc installed on my windows 10 computer and it works perfectly. Dont have to run virtual machine or any thing. Also I would not mess around with any other brand of manuals. Everything you need is in wis. I just finished a head gasket job on a w124 m103 engine and it had an answer to every single question I came up with.
A lot depends on who you get the WIS/EPC from.
- Some are downloads, some on DVDs and some even on USB stick.
- Some are configured to install in virtual XP machine (Mine is like that using Win 7 and is latest version) but from above post seems some install directly.
- My vendor was in UK and only charged me about $4.00 for download version! (But don't see him selling at present). Others want a lot more.
- DVDs are best for those who have slow or limited internet. The download was something like 50 GB. Takes a while!
- Some vendors provide good documentation on how to install. Others not. Best to use a vendor with a track record.

I have done this four times over the years (to get updates). Install doesn't always go smoothly and once installed, there is a steep learning curve. WIS/EPC is aimed at MB techs who have had a training course!
Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2011 GLK350
Originally Posted by Brettriehl101
I splurged for the emanualonline WIS package, and it does require a virtual machine. It is full of good info, but I find it extremely annoying to use, because almost nothing flows from step to step; instead you are forced to do a bunch of queries of the database. And half the steps are "Danger to life", "Risk of accident", "Risk of injury" - why not just have one disclaimer at the beginning?

So I do like it because I know that all the information is there (somewhere), particularly things like torque specs.

But I also really like to peruse the Pelican parts site, which is 100 times easier to navigate and has nice full color high res pictures. And it's free! - https://www.pelicanparts.com/techart...Index-W204.htm

Last edited by lyonkster; 12-04-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Current: 2007 E350 P1 and P2
I'll give another thumbs up for Pelican Parts' repair info. It's not comprehensive but it has most everything I've needed for my cars.