GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Tell me 3 things that you DON'T like about your GLK250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLK250
Originally Posted by ningster
Yes, I hope it will not return... so far so good!

the dealership that did this for me was Fletcher Jones Fremont California....

My dealer just called me that this work order doesn't apply to my vehicle's VIN. But mine is also 2015. I'm just wondering if US and Canada have different VIN??
Old 12-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 GL350
Originally Posted by chrissk
My dealer just called me that this work order doesn't apply to my vehicle's VIN. But mine is also 2015. I'm just wondering if US and Canada have different VIN??
if your dealer tells you it's from the adblue then i think it's time to find another dealer....
Old 12-17-2015, 02:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 GLK250
if your dealer tells you it's from the adblue then i think it's time to find another dealer....
Yup, I'm calling them again to get this done. Let's see what happens. This thump is so annoying!
Old 12-27-2015, 12:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'12 s550, '13 e550 vert, '13 glk 250 bt, '14 gl350 bt
1. Would love a wooden steering wheel, our other three MB's have them, way better feel IMO

2. Service notifications are a PITA to reset. Need to research on YouTube every time for an hour.

3. Fog lights. Would help in the mountains some late nights.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
560SEC
1. Wind noise from roof rack.
2. Body roll in turns.
3. Gas mileage.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK 250
Clunk noise issue

Originally Posted by zarken
Please include me in that outcome. Mine is scheduled for this Monday the 23rd. They told me it could take several days if not an entire week to resolve. As I indicated previously its the 4th time they are looking at this "clunking" problem as its still not corrected.
zarken, I was wondering if you took your car to the dealer for this clunking problem after stopping. I took mine 2 weeks ago, and they performed the drive shaft and bushing lube, and an update to the software but the problem was not resolved. I am taking it back on Monday( feb 8) and will see what they will do next. It is concerning me for the same reasons you mentioned. Is this an indication of problems to come after the warranty will expire?
Old 02-07-2016, 11:53 AM

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
2010 GLK
My wife an I bought our daughter a 2011 GLK350. For her birthday this year I told we would fix the broken stuff on her car. My vote for things I don't like about the GLK would be the lousy seats, torn/ripped after a few years. The command knob stopped working. Both are DIY fixes but the material was sub par IMO. FYI, the fixes were just a few hundred bucks each thanks to contributors to the mbworld forums. Last item in my top three would be the wheels. She has the sportier upgrade wheel but it drives me nuts that somebody designs a wheel that is even or sticks out further than the tire.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:36 PM

93 500e. 15 GLK 250
15 GLK

After 9 months of ownership. My 3 complaints are
nothing
nothing
nothing
Old 02-24-2016, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fj cruiser 2014 GLK250
Lets see...

#1 Can't drive through an entire tank of fuel without having to stop for a break/Lunch/Dinner.

#2 I don't know the gas station attendents name anymore, usually they've gotten a new job by the time I return.

#3 Lack of things to complain about, sure we had the 10 starts left (fixed the same day) but nothing after that.... mind you we've only had it 2 1/2 years....

And lastly I'm thinking it took me 30 years to convince my wife to try a diesel and I don't think I'll live long enough to get her to switch back....
Old 06-30-2016, 07:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GLK250
GLK250 Thump noise

Hello, I purchased CPO 2013 GLK250 3 weeks back and have the same thumping sound coming from the rear. I am wondering how many of you were able to fix it and what was the final solution? Does it cause any long term issues?
Thanks,
Old 08-29-2016, 08:02 PM
H42

GLK250
1. excessive wind noise due to slight slant of windshield
2. windshield chips easier when hit by rock, again due to windshield angle. they don't bounce off as easy like my other car.
3. hard to drive with windows down due to air pressure causing ear popping
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 AM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by eki912
Also noticed on several times how big a blindspot GLK mirror has on your leftside. Meaning when You join highway and turn your head to side and look in the mirror we still several times completely missed a small car hiding there. We do have the alarmthingy beeping if there is something, so no real harm or danger, just noticed this. Tested it myself when I drove back, and yes there is a large area not covered by the left mirror.
Has anyone attached these small extra blindspot mirrors to their GLKs?
This is something to be aware of. When changing lanes, you cannot rely on left side mirror. There IS a large blind spot. Not being that flexible these days, I find it quite hard to turn head enough to check for a car in the blind spot area. As a result, hesitant to make lane changes until I am sure there is no car nearby.

I have not tried those stick on mirrors. Or is there a total replacement mirror that would work better?
Old 09-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 glk 250BT (RIP, 3/1/17}, 2010 C300
Originally Posted by 107123210
This is something to be aware of. When changing lanes, you cannot rely on left side mirror. There IS a large blind spot. Not being that flexible these days, I find it quite hard to turn head enough to check for a car in the blind spot area. As a result, hesitant to make lane changes until I am sure there is no car nearby.

I have not tried those stick on mirrors. Or is there a total replacement mirror that would work better?
Huh? If you adjust your side view mirrors correctly, meaning you shouldn't be able to see the side of your own car, approaching vehicles are visible. Now if you check your rear view and can't see a vehicle because of the rear pillars yes there is a blind spot.

The blind spot assist is just that, an assist, it should not be relied upon as infallible as cars that are speeding past you approach faster than the blind spot assist can react.

I have the driver assistance package with active assist and it responds but doesn't replace my mirrors.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:12 AM

GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by LesF
Huh? If you adjust your side view mirrors correctly, meaning you shouldn't be able to see the side of your own car, approaching vehicles are visible.
There are many "solutions" that attempt to solve the blind spot problem that most car driver side mirrors seem to have. So presumably many, like me and Mercedes Benz believe that there IS a blind spot regardless of how the mirror is adjusted. But, like you, I don't want an electronic solution.

The SAE do say to adjust mirrors as outlined in this link. I will try it on GLK, but when there are bikes on back or we are towing a trailer, the rear view mirror has marginal usefulness and we need the side mirrors to be looking back, not off to the side.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features...id-blind-spots

Last edited by 107123210; 09-06-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GLK250
GLK250 Thump

I've got a 2015 GLK250 BlueTec that has a rear end thump about 5 to 10 sec after stopping (feels like the GLK was rear-ended).

I took into dealer mid-Dec, 2015. They kept car for over 2 weeks. They said they'd never heard of this problem. They consulted with MB techs in Germany who said that they'd never heard of it before. (This isn't true since there are many earlier posts here, so someone is being misleading.) They packed rear transmission with special grease and returned it to me the 1st week of Jan 2016.

The thump was gone but it gradually returned over a 1 to 2 month period. I took it back again in June, 2016. They said there is no fix and software cannot fix problem and that it is normal (get used to it). Right.

I bought a thump-less car, and I'd like to keep it that way. I too hope it doesn't lead to a greater, more expensive problem down the road.

I might try the LI27.19-P-56898 suggestion, but I don't know if this is the same fix as they've tried, but may be worth another return visit.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:35 AM

GLK250 2014
Originally Posted by rrjay
'I've got a 2015 GLK250 BlueTec that has a rear end thump about 5 to 10 sec after stopping (feels like the GLK was rear-ended).'

'I took into dealer mid-Dec, 2015.'

The thump was gone but it gradually returned over a 1 to 2 month period.
It sounds as though it may be a part of the suspension that gets stuck in one spot and then lets go. Sway bar, stabilizer bar, shocks. spring, etc. Or even brakes.

Perhaps the dealer lubed these parts and then they dried out again?

I would have them check out and lube all rubber bushings with Wurth HHS-2000 / HHS-K Penetrating High Temperature Lubricant or MB equivalent. And check the up down movement of the rear end to make sure nothing is catching.

Doesn't sound serious, but worth getting to bottom of. May be worth having separate thread on this.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2014 GLK250
Mine does this to some extent, and I always figured it was the hill-start assist control or whatever kicking in.

By that, I mean that if you come to a stop and release the brakes right away, you will roll forward a bit, or backwards a bit if you are on a very steep incline (unless you activate the hold function, but this is not what I'm talking about).

But, after a few seconds of being stationary, if you release the brakes, they will maintain some grip and prevent you from rolling backwards, and sure enough, if you just feather the gas to drive forward, you can feel some resistance for very very short time (like 0.5 seconds).

That, I think, is the hill-start-brake-assist thing doing its thing.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Golf R, 2014 GLK
I suspect the thump has to do with AWD engaging after coming to a stop, and preparing to provide you with more grip off the line.

We've had that same thump and in my own testing if I floor the GLK *before* the thump, there is a good amount of wheel spin, where-as after, it hooks up... so this is my theory.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:39 AM

2015 GLK250 Bluetec
GLK250 BlueTEC Thump

I might be crazy but I did notice something about my GLK250...

when I'm at a red light, after stopping completely for about 6 or 7 seconds, the transmission seems to go into neutral. (there is a light thump that I can feel which tells me the tranny just shifted) when this happens, after I let go of the brake pedal to get going again, the GLK take JUST A BIT longer to get itself into first gear and gets going....

If i'm stopped for less than 6 seconds, it stays in first gear and I can step on the gas and get going instantly....

I think this is by design, maybe to save the transmission from the high torque engine.... but when I asked a technician about this at the dealership, he had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was out of my mind...

anyone else notices this little feature?
Just took delivery of a demo 2015 GLK250 BlueTEC with 14,000 miles. It has this annoying thump after a full stop, yes, count to 7 and it will be heard. The first time I noticed it, I thought I had been rear ended. Have read all through this forum about the same complaint. My dealership "has never heard of this issue", but acknowledged the thump. They also told me the bulletin fix posted by Ningster does not apply to my VIN and engine number. They are "guessing" this is a normal sound. I am not convinced. Has anyone else been able to get this annoying thump resolved? I cannot help but think this may be doing serious damage to transmission (or something else) over time.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
C63
Glad to hear I'm not the only one....

Now that I notice it, I do a hard count at all red lights, usually on the 5th or 6th second, the thump comes on.... the thump is harder if i had a sudden stop, and barely noticeable if i rolled to a stop.

without the thump (if the red light turned green within 5 seconds), i can step on the gas right away and off it goes....

with the thump, the GLK will need a little more time to get itself into gear to start going again...

I am starting to believe this is a feature that's designed to do this... some people notice it, some don't... but it's not broken or defective by any means....
I'm having this issue as well. Brought it in today and they are replacing a clutch solenoid. Will see how it goes.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:55 AM

2015 GLK250 Bluetec
GLK250 Bluetec thump - resolved for now

tuffcalc - I had the thump fixed - at least for now. Took the GLK back a 2nd time for the service bulletin LI27.19-P-056898. At first they said my software was up to date and there was nothing to be done. Also said my vehicle didn't qualify for anything else on the service bulletin. I insisted they do the lubricating of the gear box also mentioned on this service bulletin. They did the lubrication- only to shut me up - and guess what? It worked. Seriously surprised them! I've been driving the car for almost a week and the thump is gone. Hope this helps with your situation - please give an update.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:24 PM

C63
Originally Posted by Pro Se GLK
tuffcalc - I had the thump fixed - at least for now. Took the GLK back a 2nd time for the service bulletin LI27.19-P-056898. At first they said my software was up to date and there was nothing to be done. Also said my vehicle didn't qualify for anything else on the service bulletin. I insisted they do the lubricating of the gear box also mentioned on this service bulletin. They did the lubrication- only to shut me up - and guess what? It worked. Seriously surprised them! I've been driving the car for almost a week and the thump is gone. Hope this helps with your situation - please give an update.
Didn't work. Took the car and it started thumping almost immediately. Even better, they rear-ended my car somewhere so the bumper is scuffed and the tow hook cap is missing. Of course they didn't mention it and I only noticed it when I got home.

Will send it back Monday for the thump and the nice bumper gift they left me.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:30 PM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
2014 GLK250
Originally Posted by tuffcalc
Didn't work. Took the car and it started thumping almost immediately. Even better, they rear-ended my car somewhere so the bumper is scuffed and the tow hook cap is missing. Of course they didn't mention it and I only noticed it when I got home.

Will send it back Monday for the thump and the nice bumper gift they left me.
I would go completely ballistic.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:12 PM

2015 GLK250 Bluetec
...and I thought I had problems. I got my car back (without thump) but they completely scratched up one of the chrome inserts in my trunk area while topping up the DEF. At least it wasn't rear-ended. tuffcalc - make sure you give them the service bulletin number as they will not do that service by simply plugging in your VIN number. My dealer didn't even know what to look for!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:55 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Pro Se GLK
...and I thought I had problems. I got my car back (without thump) but they completely scratched up one of the chrome inserts in my trunk area while topping up the DEF. At least it wasn't rear-ended. tuffcalc - make sure you give them the service bulletin number as they will not do that service by simply plugging in your VIN number. My dealer didn't even know what to look for!
Got a message from my SA stating they are peforming a "driveshaft lube". Gave them them the bulletin number, so not sure if it is related (hopefully). Fingers crossed this fixes it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tell me 3 things that you DON'T like about your GLK250