GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Turn Signal Bulb Socket - You've got to be kidding me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11' GLK350 - AMG Package
Parking Light Bulb Socket - You've got to be kidding me

Beyond infuriated right now. Simply trying to change the parking light bulb and the bulb socket clip disengages from the housing and the wire separates down into the housing leaving me with an inoperable parking / turn signal, a dash light error and staring at what appears to be buying a new f&$*in headlight as a result of an extremely poor designed bulb socket setup. And before anybody says well you didn't know what you were doing or forced it and subsequently broke; I did not use any force I simply 1/4 turned the stem as directed but when it pulled out the clips disengaged as if the connection of both the clips and the wire connector were already weak.

Anybody else experience this? I honestly don't even know what to do at this point.

Last edited by baggedlvintegra; 07-30-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
11' GLK350 - AMG Package
So after calming down a little bit I was able to fish the clip and the wire back through the socket hole and miraculously was able to drop a dot of solder down in there and was successful in bonding the wire back to the metal socket housing. The clip on the other hand seems more difficult. The clip is designed to be pushed from the inside out, meaning you'd have to engage it from INSIDE THE HEADLIGHT, what an idiotic design. Basically when you push the parking light bulb socket stem into the housing you are actually putting force in the direction that would make the clip disengage, unbelievable. My only thought at this point is that I will try to get the clip as close to engaged from the outside as I can and drop a few small dabs of plastic weld over the tabs and hope it holds