GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

Q5 TDI vs GLK 250?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Q5 TDI vs GLK 250?

My local Audi dealer got in a couple of '14 Q5 TDIs, so I went to drive one. I noticed it had a whole lot of power, but it definitely took longer than I expected to get there. Looking at specs, power doesn't kick in till 2000 rpm. I haven't found a local GLK250 to drive yet, but considering the Biturbo, can anyone comment on the "lag" from it? I know it has a little less power, but less lag can hide it quite a bit. Definitely leaning more towards the GLK, but just curious if anyone else has driven both?
Old 07-24-2013, 12:20 PM

2017 GLC43AMG
GLK 250

Its all in how you drive it... if you are soft on the peddle at the start it tends to have a little lag... but overall power is immediate and once moving it really starts to pull and you can feel the torque.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM

GLK250
Q5 vs GLK ... done

Yeah so i was actually looking at the Q5 TDI (before i knew there was a GLK250) and i was so set on it ready and waiting. I have yet to drive the Q5 TDI but i did end up purchasing a GLK250.

My complaints with the Q5 was that it is a 3.0T and diesel and if i'm purchasing a diesel id rather have good fuel economy instead of a quicker suv. I'm not buying diesel for the hell of it, the ad blue stuff is a cost as well which i found out really late

As well in terms of speed the GLK is peppy and has better mileage, and at this point our decision was made.....

dont get me wrong i still like the Q5 but i really feel MB has stepped up their game on this suv.

The only item i like more is the Q5 infotainment system, that is amazing colorful busy (but i'm a tech guy) but my wife disagrees with me and likes the GLK infotainment more.

Interior and Exterior though i do agree that the GLK has a more aggressive defined look which is what we like, Q5 is very marshmellow like..

oh yea one last thing the price on the GLK was very appealing alot of bells and whistles which would be more expensive on the Q5 when i priced it out at the dealer.....