GLK-Class (X204) Produced 2008-2014

GLK250BT DEF (ADBLUE) Refill DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK250, Polar White
@ottoman

Perhaps my expectations were too high? I tried out IdParts precisely 'cos of the positive feedback I've heard, and thus was taken aback by the attitude.

Let's hope that it's just the individual that I had worked with when I called. I might even try them out 1 more time to see how it goes.

I was fully prepared to toss the almost 2 year old DEF delivered by IDparts and use the empty to deliver fresh DEF from Peak. I was hoping that this was a 1 time issue and wanted to alert them to it, since it can get expensive purging the DEF tank should issues arises.

Instead, I was made to feel like a fool and was asked to provide proof on limits of shelf life for DEF, and I sensed zero interest in taking on any ownership of the problem.

The last straw was when the rep said that they bought the stuff wholesale from VW and therefore it must be o.k. That's when it was clear to me that further attempts to try and have this rectified will be fruitless.
Old 05-19-2020, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GLK250
Just added DEF at a truck stop in Las Vegas. Their DEF pump nozzle on the fuel island fit the GLK250 directly. VERY easy, and $3 a gallon!
The system sounded and smelled like it was working properly on the trip, but will use the 10 liter Adblue bottles I have when at home.